Chapter 81

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Unaware that I had just stepped into a rollercoaster of a night.

I opened the door very slowly, not wanting her to wake up. I even closed it without making any noise. I walked into her room with her in my arms. It was not big, but it looked so cosy. It gave a homely vibe. She had her adorable childhood photos hanging above her bed with lights around them. I need to steal a few of them for my collection. I made a mental note about it. I slowly laid her down on her queen-size bed. She was still clinging to me like a monkey. I moved her limbs carefully and was about to get up, but she gripped my collar and pulled me down. My eyes widened because she caught me off guard. She looked at me with her wide brown eyes.

Wasn't she sleeping a second ago?

"Where are you going?" she slurred dominatingly while pulling me away. Our faces were just a few centimetres away. Her hooded, light brown eyes look at me keenly. I gulped loudly, and I found myself lost for words for a second. Before I could answer, she pulled me down, and her full lips collided with mine. My breath hitched at her sudden dominance. She didn't even let me answer. My lips moved on their own when she started kissing me. Fuck. I missed her honeyed lips so much. I was craving them like a parched man. My hands itched to touch her. They were craving her soft curves so badly. Before I could take hold of her, she turned us around with her on top of me. Once again, I was caught off-guard. I looked at my wild cat. She looked down at me with her hooded eyes while biting her lower lip. I once again found myself gulping. Before I knew it, she started to beat me with her small fist.

"I hate you. I hate you," she started crying suddenly. A second ago, she was kissing me and, in the next second, beating me. I sighed and let her beat me. I deserve it for making her upset.

"You didn't even call me once," she sobbed while beating on my hard chest with her small fist. My heart lurched looking at her crying face.

"I know I'm a very bad husband. I'm sorry, love," I said while cupping her face. Fat tears slipped out of her beautiful brown eyes.

"You are,'' she sobbed. Her swollen lips wobbled. I wanted to hug her so tightly. I let her cry in my arms. I wiped her tears with the pad of my thumb. She sniffed like a toddler with her lower lip pushed forward. My heart clenched again, and a faint smile was on my face. I still found it hard to believe that she was mine. I was madly in love with her. Those words were very small compared to what I had in my heart for her. My heart started to beat fast, and my chest swelled up with a warm feeling. I so badly wanted to show her how much I love her and how much I miss her, but she is drunk. Still sobbing, she leaned forward. Her honeyed lips looked so tempting and inviting. I wanted to taste them so badly. Our lips were only a few inches away. I lifted my head a little to cut the distance. My heart was beating so fast. I still couldn't believe she was mine. Our lips were about to meet.

"I'm hungry," she said suddenly, collapsing on my chest. I kept looking at the ceiling and blinked my eyes, dumbfounded, as she snuggled her face into my chest. She had lost her energy crying and beating me. She needs to eat something, or else she will have the worst hangover. I sighed heavily. This woman is going to be the death of me.