Chapter 10

***Follow me and vote***

"We got married"

As soon as those words were out of his mouth I felt everyone's eyes on me. But this time their stares didn't bother me as much as his words. I was too shocked to even utter a word. I kept looking at him with wide eyes. 

"What?" I heard a manly familiar voice asking him not to believe what he said. I still kept looking at the head chef. He opened his mouth to tell them something but I was not able to hear it. Everything around me has gone mute. 

"We got married" were the only words that rang in my ear. Before I could process anything, everything around me became dark and my body lost its balance. For a few seconds, I felt uproar around me but soon I was pulled into a pit of complete darkness. I felt a gentle pat on my cheeks as someone kept constantly calling my name. I wanted to open my eyes but they felt so heavy. 

"Sage" "Sage" I heard a distant voice calling my name but I was too lost in darkness to respond to it. I don't know how long I was trapped in this darkness. I was falling in and out of it. I felt a cold hand on my face that made me open my eyes. But as soon as they opened they closed again on their own. A groan left my mouth as I felt more drowsy. I wanted to sleep and at the same time not to. 

"Isabella checked her, she opened her eyes just now" I heard grandma asking her in an eager voice. My eyes remained closed until she was done checking on me. I could hear everyone asking her the reason why I fainted so suddenly. There was a bit of chaos around me. 

"Sage, can you listen to me," she asked and I nodded. The chase around me stopped when I responded. "Good," she exclaimed happily. 

"Can you open your eyes?" She asked me again and I again gave her a small nod. After a few attempts, I was able to lift my heavy eyelids completely. At first, my vision was a blur but when my sight became clear. I saw everyone in the room circling me with worried expressions dotting their faces. I was about to faint again but I took a deep breath to control my anxiety. Isabella helped me to sit up. I rested my back on the headboard. Why is everyone in this room? Grandma was sitting beside me. She was moving her hand on my hair lovingly. 

"Feeling better dear," she asked me in her affectionate voice. I looked at her with wide eyes. I was a bit surprised at her tone. I was not expecting her to talk to me lovingly after knowing what I had done. I was waiting for harsh words and questions about my character, not affection. I gave her a small nod, making her smile at me. A glass of water was put in front of me by none other than the cause of my misery. His grey eyes were fixed on me. Looking at him made me remember why I fainted in the first place. Lots of questions arrived in my head when I saw his face. How and when the hell do we get married? I was thirsty but I didn't want anything from him. I didn't want to take the glass but I felt everyone's eyes on me. I lifted my hand and took the glass from him. I started taking small sips from it. 

"So Isabella is it good news," grandma asked her while looking at me, making me almost spit water out of my mouth. I started coughing when I understood what she was talking about. 

"Oh dear drink slowly," the head chef's mother said when she looked at me worriedly. I took huge deep breaths to even my breathing in between fits of cough. Grandma moved her hand on my back in a soothing manner. I wiped the corner of my eyes to wipe my tears. 

"Grandma fainted because of stress and nothing else" Isabella cleared by putting away weight from my chest. 

"Oh" Grandma's face fell for a few seconds but she recovered soon. 

"Are you still feeling drowsy and tired?" Isabella asked me as she checked my eyes and then my heartbeat by taking my wrist. 

"A little," I said in a cracked voice, opening my mouth for the first time. 

"It's nothing serious, you just need to eat and rest a bit and everything will be fine," she said with a smile on her face while getting up from my side. 

"Everyone, get out of the room. I want to talk with this both" grandma declared, making my anxiety rise. One by one everyone left the room leaving us behind. Grandma stopped his mother and father when they were about to go. My fingers curled on the blanket in fear. I looked at him with my anxious gaze. His face was too clayed with a little bit of anxiety but he masked it. Grandma looked at both of us with her old experienced eyes fixed on us. I felt three pairs of eyes looking down at me. 

"Both of you have lots of explanations to do," she said with her eyes moving from me to him. 

"So Sage, did you marry him with your will?'' She asked me in a firm tone. A big lump from my throat. I looked at her with an anxious face. With my will! I don't even know when I got married in the first place. I looked at him not knowing what I should answer. His face had a worried look on his face when she questioned me about that. But soon stoned, telling me to lie. He held a threatening expression on his face.  Even if I want to tell her I can't. I don't want my parents to get in trouble. He looked at the hesitation on my face. 

"Grandma," he tried to interrupt looking at my face but she stopped him. 

"I'm not done, boy," she said in her firm tone while looking at him, making him go quiet. Her old eyes were fixed on me waiting for my answer. 

"I know what happened between you too. Even though I don't go to restaurants, I have eyes and ears there. So tell me, child. Did you get married with your will?" She questioned me again. It made goosebumps form on my whole body in the way she said that. I looked at his mother and father and from their faces, it was clear that they knew it too. I lowered my eyes feeling the guilt of deceiving them and I was about to do it again. I just nodded my head lying to them because I don't have any other option. I let go of the hem of the blanket and rubbed my hands in distress. From the corner of my eyes, I saw his body relax a bit when I nodded yes. 

"When did you both get married," she asked me, making my head spin. I genuinely didn't know when that happened. My heart started beating fast because I'm sure this time she would catch my lying face. 

"Three weeks ago," the head chef said before his grandma could raise another question. 

"Where?" She questioned both of us again. My heartbeat was increasing with every question she was asking. 

"At my office, we signed marriage certificates," he said in his firm voice, making me look at him with wide eyes. His words clicked in me and I remember when he asked me to sign papers. So they were marriage certificates. So this is what he had planned for me for deceiving him. He wants to take his revenge by trapping me in a loveless marriage for what I did. A tear slipped from the corner of my left eye and I immediately wiped it before anyone could see. 

"Just by signing certificates. I won't accept this kind of marriage" But grandma's opposition to this marriage made me look at her with hope in my eyes. 

I think I still have escaped from this loveless marriage. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 72
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 113

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.