Chapter 68

***Follow me here and on Instagram dragonblue366 and vote***

Sorry for the late update.

"Let's go and switch off the stove"

I sat on the kitchen island wearing his shirt while he made dinner for me. He was wearing only his sweat pants and apron. My eyes moved over his flexing muscles. They bulged out even at his small movement. He looked so handsome cooking food for me. I smiled shyly while biting my lower lip when his eyes moved on my way. My head skipped a beat when he held back at me. He was truly the definition of a beautiful man. Once he was done with dinner we ate it together. I was about to go and wash the plates but he took them from my hand and dumped them in the sink. He had not even let me help him cook. I kept looking at him with little furrowed eyes. He came back and carried me to the bed bridal style and made love to me again. That night felt very special to me. I was deeply insecure that he may still have feelings toward his high school girlfriend but every time that thought crossed my mind he would kiss it away making me forget it completely.

It's been two weeks since then. He had not talked much about Avery since then. He had mentioned once or twice that she was searching for a place for an exhibition and all. It's already been two weeks since I have been sitting at home doing nothing. It's high time that I should start searching for a job. I have started to go through newspapers searching for any vacancies. I have gathered the past three days' newspapers and was now sitting on the couch of the living room with my legs crossed and circling the jobs I could apply for. I had even applied for some restaurants by emailing my resume. It took me five long hours to make it. So far I have found one interesting job. It was not far away from the Villian restaurant. It was opening its new franchise here. They were looking for a chef and were even ready to hire learning and new chefs. It seemed like a good opportunity to me. I was busy job hunting when my cell phone started to ring. Logan was calling me. My brows furrowed at his sudden call.

"Hey," I said while keeping the newspaper on the coffee table and stood up. My legs had gone numb from sitting in the same position for a long time. I walked to the big balcony with my cell phone pressed to my ear.

"Hey Sage," he said cheerfully.

"So do you still remember that you have a friend named Sage?" I taunted with a smile on my face.

"Yeah, I do. She is married to my boss and is the best friend of my girlfriend," he snickered back. I know he is smirking at me from another side of the call.

"Then it's time for me to take advantage of my power. Should I ask the head chef to cut your salary and my best friend to make you her ex" I snickered back with a grin on my face. I heard him gasping loudly.

"You evil women," he said dramatically.

"Yes, I'm" I laughed loudly.

"Ok tell me now what good deed I did to get a call from you," I asked once I was done laughing.

"Actually," he mumbled and I stayed quiet for him to continue.

"It's Sophia's birthday in two days and I was thinking of throwing a surprise party for her," he said in the same small voice. He sounded nervous. Logan was nervous and it didn't suit him. I know how outspoken and extroverted he is. There is something else.

"Yeah, it's a great idea. Sophia loves surprises" I said a bit excitedly encouraging him to come to the main point. I know he was trying to say something more.

"I want to propose to her," he said in one go. I heard him exhaling out loudly in nervousness.

"What," I said out loud in shock. I blinked my eyes while still processing.