Chapter 78

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"What is he doing here?"

I scrambled away while pulling the sheet to cover my naked body. There he was, sleeping on his stomach in all his glory, like a baby. What happened last night? Why is he here? He is supposed to be in New York. My head started to hurt even more when I tried to think about it last night. A throbbing sensation just kept on increasing when I tried again. I was having a very bad hangover. I massaged my forehead while closing my eyes. Wait a minute, am I still dreaming? I opened my eyes and looked at the sleeping figure beside me. I couldn't help but question myself.

Is he even real? I think I'm being delusional. I drank too much last night because I was angry at him; another big reason is that I was missing him very badly. Maybe that's why I'm seeing him. My hangover is making me see things. Should I check it? I thought while looking at his calm, sleeping face. Of course, I should check it. I made my decision the very next second. I bit my lower lip and lifted my hand. I slowly move it towards him and poke his cheek with my forefinger. When I did that, his hands moved up, and he scratched where I poked. He moved his face to the other side and slept more comfortably. My eyes widened, and I gasped loudly. My hands shot up to cover my open mouth. I immediately got out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I slumped down on the floor after closing the door.

He is real!

He is here!

I'm not being delusional! My mind screamed. I pulled my hair back in frustration with both of my hands. How and when did he come? Why can't I remember it? I remember having dinner with my family, and then I said I wanted to drink. I drank a lot, and Logan tried to stop me, but I continued drinking. After that, I can't remember anything. My memory from last night was all foggy, with blank spots in between.

"Why did I drink so much last night?" I whispered under my breath in frustration. I closed my eyes and banged my head on the door in frustration. I sat there for a few more minutes, trying to recall what happened last night, but again, all I got was a blank spot. I stood up and decided to take a hot shower, hoping it would help me clear up the fog in my mind. When I stood up, that's when I realised again that I was naked.

God, what did we do last night?

Again, I felt a throbbing pain in my forehead. I dropped it. I decided not to think more because my head was already hurting so bad. I stood under the hot shower and let it run all over my body. My stiff muscles felt good when hot water touched them. Once I was done, I wrapped the bathrobe around me and walked out of the bathroom with caution. I hope he is still sleeping. I did a quick prayer on my way out, but to my dismay, he was awake and lazily sprawling on the bed with both of his hands behind his head. His bulging biceps and ripped golden chest were on display. Suddenly, my mouth went dry, and I found it hard to breathe. Bright red hickeys are on his chest and neck. I swallow hard, looking at the sinful sight in front of me.

Fuck! Did I do that to him?

"Good morning, wife," he said teasingly in his husky morning voice. Sending chills down my spine. He smirked, looking at my face. He knew what he was doing to me. I put effort into looking away. Keyword efforts. I walked to my small closet without uttering a word. I grabbed whatever clothes came into my hand and walked back to the bathroom to get changed. My room was not as big as his. So I have to get changed here.

I exhaled in annoyance when I saw what I had grabbed from the closet. A light blue pullover blouse that was off-shoulder and dark blue jeans. I wanted to wear it when I went out with Sophia and Logan. I didn't want to go out again to change it because I knew the grey-eyed monster was waiting for an opportunity. I decided to wear them. I got dressed and then brushed my shoulder-length hair. I applied some lip tint and mascara before getting out of the bathroom. His grey eyes followed me keenly when I walked out of the bathroom. A smirk formed on my lips, and I made sure to give him a show. I bent down to grab the pillow, which was on the floor. I heard him taking deep breaths when I did that. I lifted my eyes and looked at him. He clenched his jaw, and I saw how his Adam's apple bobbed. I rose to my full length and threw the pillow back on the bed. I grabbed my cell phone before walking out of the room with a smirk on my face. He started it, so he needs to get it back. I went down to find mom and dad in the kitchen.

"Mom, What's for breakfast? I said this while walking to the dining table.

"I'm so hungry," I said while pulling a chair for me. My stomach grumbled at the delicious aromas coming out of the kitchen. My head was still hurting. Eating something will make me feel better.

"Breakfast! Have you looked at the time, darling?" My mother said it from the kitchen. It made me furrow my brows.

"It's almost lunchtime," my dad said while putting a bowl of crackers in front of me.

"It's almost ready. You can nibble on it until then," he said while pointing at the bowl of crackers. My eyes widened when he said that.

"Lunch time! How long did I sleep? Why didn't you guys wake me up?" I asked while grabbing a cracker and munching on it in astonishment.

"We heard from the little bird that you emptied my stock of beer last night." Dad folded his hands while looking down at me.

"Little bird! You mean Elijah the little bird?" I said with narrowed eyes. I know he snitched on me. My dad looked at me with serious eyes, and it made me shut my mouth. I bit my lower lip, and my face turned red. I'm not good at holding alcohol, and everyone knows it. Everyone had tried to stop me, but I was so damn angry and annoyed that I kept drinking. I knew dad was about to scold me, and I gave him my puppy eyes.

"You know how Xanthus—" before my dad could complete his sentence, we heard heavy steps descending the stairs. He walked down the street looking fresh in a grey shirt and black jeans.

"Good afternoon, everyone," he said while stepping down from the last stair. He smirked, looking at me.

"Xanthus," my dad said in his delighted tone after seeing his favourite son-in-law. I shot daggers in his way. "I didn't get a chance to welcome you home," Dad said while walking to him with open arms. They both did the manly hug, and I kept biting my lower lip in annoyance. They broke the hug, and then he again looked my way with a smirk on his face. I grabbed the cracker while rolling my eyes.

"Oh, don't worry. Last night I got a very warm welcome from my lovely wife," he said with a mischievous look in his eyes. Instead of biting on the cracker, I bit on my finger when I heard that. I winced in pain. He is hinting at something. I looked at him with a horrified look in my eyes, and somehow it caused him to deepen his smirk.

Exactly what happened last night!

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 47.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.