Chapter 17

***Follow me guys and vote***

My days here are only getting better and better.

"You! What the hell are you doing here," he asked in his angry voice, making everyone's eyes move from him to me. I felt grey eyes boring holes in my face and it made me even more nervous. 

"What are you doing here," I asked him in return as I didn't want to answer his question. We both stared at each other with a sharp look in our eyes. No one was backing down. The tension in the air was just increasing second by second. 

"Guys didn't I introduce both of you just now," chef Oliver asked in a confused voice but we both didn't say a word and continued throwing daggers at each other. Looking at our demeanor he opened his mouth in defeat. 

"Ok, then I will introduce both of you again. Logan this is Sage our new intern and Sage Logan is one of our chefs he was the intern before you filled his place" chef Oliver explained again with a small smile and a still confusion frown on his face as he tried to thin the tension in the air. I just nodded my head as I heard it the first time. I just don't know how to explain everything to them if they ask how we know each other. I don't want any problem here at my workplace but they just keep knocking on my door and from the look of grey eyes on me, I knew I was in trouble for sure. 

"Looks like he always likes to fill my place," he said in a mocking tone, making the situation worse than it is. He smirked angrily at me. He has chosen this way to taunt me for taking his ex-girlfriend. 

What a kid. 

God, why can't he keep his mouth shut? Why is he increasing their curiosity? They will surely want to know what he is talking about. I glared at him for his comeback. I raised my eyebrow and looked at him with an attitude and the same tough look as yesterday. 

"I think it's better because I fill those empty places better than you. I don't think I need to go into detail to explain it because you already heard about it," I scoffed with a smirk on the corner of my lips, making his smirk wipe out and set his jaw in anger. I remember how Sophia praised me in front of him and from his facial expression I could say he too clearly remembers it. 

His angry eyes lingered on me and I could see murder written in them but I stood my ground because I know if I want to work here I can't let him dominate me. Even though I know he is softy from the inside, I still need to maintain my facade so he knows his limits. I can't trust him, after all, Romeo's are the more dangerous species to deal with. I maintained my demeanor making him back off. With the last death glare, he left accepting defeat in our argument he left as if I put a finger on his throbbing nerve. But I didn't miss the look he gave saying this is not over between us. War is still one. Chef Oliver gave me an awkward smile and quickly ran to follow Logan. Looking at his retiring stiff back I slumped my shoulders and breath in relief. 

Thank god he went away for now. 

My gratitude to God was not even over when I saw grey eyes looking at me in interest. Interesting to know what happened between us. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing most of the time. His eyes were expressionless but today they were different and it was my cue to run away from here. I gulped the lump which had formed in the base of my throat. 

Time to run Sage. 

"As I'm done with food I will take my leave, sir. Thank you for dinner" I said with a forced smile on my face and stood up in a hurry to run away. I started walking away before he could say anything. I started walking faster when I heard his footsteps following me.