Chapter 21

***Hey, my lovely readers if you are considering pledging to me on patreon please do it on the 1st of the coming month to get the benefit for the whole month***
***Dont forget to follow me guys***

"What do I like"

What does he like, hmm? 

His question made me look at him with furrowed brows. This is why he dragged me here. He should have asked me in the living room. Why did he drag me here?  I thought for a bit as he kept looking down at me with his pensive eager eyes. Then I summed it up because all the things he likes started appearing in my head as if some button was switched on. Words came up to my mouth on their own. 

"You like to get angry at me. You like to scold me. You like to boss me around all the time. You like when I don't enter your kitchen without your permission. You like to tell me why I shouldn't be allowed in your kitchen. You like it when I don't talk to any kitchen staff and move like a robot who takes all your commands without any question and'' I said all the things in one breath and was thinking more to add it on. I thought for a good five minutes thinking about what more I should add. 

"It's a never-ending list but for now this is the only thing I can come up with. I will add more things when I remember," I said with a smile on my face as I gave him the answer to his question while he still kept looking down at me with his hard grey eyes. 

"Why did you drag me here to ask such a simple question? You should have asked this question in the living room. What if someone has seen us and told this grandma we will be in s—" I was going on with my rant but he put his finger over my mouth stopping me from completing my sentence. 

"Shut up," he said looking straight into my eyes, making me go quiet. I look back with more confusion now. Why does he look angry? Didn't I just answer his question? I told everything that I remembered. 

"You think that's what I like?" he questioned sternly with his finger still on my lips stopping me from talking. Is there something else he likes? Again I thought for a bit. 

"Yes,'' I mumbled quietly with his finger still pressed to my lip when nothing else popped up in my head. The pensive look in his eyes became even more intense after my reply. Those mad grey eyes moved all over my face. His jaw clenched and his nostrils flared in anger. I kept looking back at him innocently because I don't know the reason why he was angry now. In a split second, he moved away. 

"Yes you are right that's what I like" he mocked while still looking down at me with that look in his eyes. Saying that he moved me away from the door and walked out of it hot-headed. Leaving me more perplexed looking at his behaviour. 

"What's wrong with this guy?" I muttered in annoyance. "He asked me what he likes and I put the whole list in front of him and he is still mad at me. I don't know how I'm going to handle him" I huffed in disbelief with both hands on my hips as I kept looking at his retreating back. I moved my head in disbelief and walked down back to the living room. Now everyone has arrived. I saw the head chef sitting with his dad and sulking. He always scolds me as if I'm a child but now he is the one he is being the child. I looked at Erick with a big smile on my face but he didn't return. Instead, he glared at me with his cold eyes and went back to talking to dad. My smile fell looking at his coldness towards me. He is still mad at me. My sad eyes moved from him to his beautiful fiance. Grace waved at me with a big smile on her face and I waved back at her, matching her smile. This woman is like sunshine always shining and hiding the burn which makes her shine. Erick and she were a combination of cold and hot. Both are harsh weather if they want to be but when they collide it rains and washes out everything. A perfect combination. 

"Where were you? I had sent Isabella to find you," she asked me when I sat beside her. 

"I was a little busy in the kitchen," I lied with a smile on my face. Soon Isabella came back while looking at me with narrowed eyes with a mischievous look on her face. She took her seat beside me.  

"I think I have hit the jackpot," she said with a cunning smile on her face. It made me look at her in interest. 

"And what is it?" Grace asked her with a raised eyebrow while looking at her. We three girls were sitting at the end of the empty couch and talking as if we were sharing a top secret. 

"I'm going to get my brother's black card for shopping," she said with the same cunning smile while rubbing her hands together. And even saw a dollar sign appearing in her eyes.  

Lucky her! 

"It's impossible because I know he gives it to no one," Grace said while moving her hand in the air, dismissing it and slumping back on the couch. 

"He will give it to me and I will do unlimited shopping on it," she said confidently with a huge smile on her face. 

"But how are you gonna get it," I asked in disarray because I was dying to know what she had got her hands on. She smiled again cunningly while looking at me. 

"I saw him dragging you upstairs and if I tell this to grandma he won't be allowed in the house until your wedding. He has no choice but to give it to me if he wants me to keep my mouth shut" she said evilly telling us her perfect plan. 

"You are evil but have a nice plan. I'm buying things on that card too. That man makes tons of money, let's spend it together," Grace said with a matching evil smile, appreciating it and joining her. 

"Most welcome. More the merrier" Isabella gave her a thumbs up. As soon as she said that, the small smile I had on my face faded. I will be in trouble too if grandma knows it. 

"Don't worry I won't pull you in. You are safe" Isabella said, looking at my face. It brought back the smile on my face. "So are you in?" she asked me with hopeful eyes. 

"You want me to. Yes, I just said the more the merrier. It's your husband you can spend as much as you want" she said while bumping our shoulders. A husband's words still feel so foreign to my ears. Both of us were waiting early for my answer and I nodded my head at them after a few minutes. Like as if we were in sync we all looked at the head chef with the same cunning smile on our faces. As if he felt our stairs he looked at us with furrowed eyes. 

"Mission black card"

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 87
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 125

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.