Chapter 90

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

I will make him taste the bitter pill of jealousy as I did.

"Please, doll, let me come with you." I went down to find Logan pleading with Sophia to join us for shopping. Sophia moves her head negatively while still looking at her cell phone screen.

"Please, I will buy you everything you want if you let me come with you," he again said while showing her his card. Why are these men so persistent? "No thank you. I have enough money to buy whatever I want, and if you want to buy something, then go buy it for yourself," she said with a tight smile on her lips.

"Let me come with you so I can carry your bags," he said with a big smile on his face, not giving up. She averted her eyes from her cell phone and looked at him.

"Baby, what's this?" she asked, showing her both hands. She had a tight smile on her face.

"Your beautiful hand's a doll," he said lovingly, full of admiration.

"Correction, these are my beautiful, strong hands, and these hands are capable of carrying my bags," she hissed at him with that tight smile still on his face.

"What will I do without you here?" He said it with puppy eyes.

"Why don't you go and call on the numbers you received yesterday from all those women? They will love to take you shopping with them," she said in an irritated tone. She is still mad at him for what happened yesterday. It made me laugh. Their conversation was always funny.

"Sophia, let's go," I said, and she stood up immediately.

"Happy calling!" she mocked him. I move my head in amusement, looking at Logan's face. We went to the mall to do our shopping.

"I'm going to choose a sexy dress for myself. I'm going to make all my ex-boyfriends jealous," Sophia announced while checking the aisle of the new collection. She sounds so enthused.

"Yeah, I want a sexy dress too," I said while checking the opposite aisle. We got busy shopping for the dress. After two hours of roaming different shops, we finally got our dresses. Sophia bought a navy blue dress, and I got a bottle green. They were so breathtaking. I fell in love with my dress as soon as I saw it. Then we bought matching undergarments. We did some more shopping before heading back to the restaurant. We will have lunch with everyone.

"Hey mom," I said to my mother. She was busy doing some calculations on the counter.

"Hey girls," my mother said, looking at us for a second and then going back to work.

"I will join you in a second," she said. She seemed very busy. We walked inside to find an empty table. Soon Elijah will put a lunchtime sign on the door so we can have lunch. Mom was busy doing billing. Elijah and Logan were busy serving orders, and my dear husband was nowhere to be found. Where is he? I put my bag on an empty seat.

"I will go and see if dad needs any help in the kitchen," I said to Sophia. She nodded her head. I walked to the kitchen to find Xanthus preparing orders with Dad. He was wearing a white, thin t-shirt, showing off all his tattoos. It was clenching against his ripped body like a second skin. Sweat glided from his jawline to his neck and disappeared into his thin shirt. I found it hard to breathe. Is this sexy man my husband? Do I go to bed every day with him? I still find it hard to believe.

"Close your mouth before mosquitoes fly into it; make it her nest." It was none other than my dear brother Elijah who gave me that suggestion. I immediately closed my mouth and cleared my throat.

"There is a droll here," he said while pointing at the corner of my lips. I tried to wipe it off immediately before anyone could see it, but there was nothing. He started laughing. I glared at him.

"You little," I smacked his arms.

"Ouch, that hurts,'' he said while whining like a child and rubbing the area where I smacked. I didn't even beat him that hard.

"So am I going to get my niece and nephew soon, or are they already on their way?" he asked while bumping his shoulder with mine. His face held a cunning smile on his lips. My face turned a bit red.

Wasn't he whining like a child a second ago?

"Shut up. It's too early; we are still a newly married couple," I said. I rolled my eyes at him, but my eyes moved back into the kitchen, where my dear husband was so engrossed in giving his time to his first love. I place my hand on it and rest my face on it. I love watching him cook the food.

"You love him," my brother said while following my line of vision.

"Hmm, what?" I said with furrowed brows and a perplexed look on my face. I was caught off guard. I know I do, but I have never confessed it in front of anyone. Elijah has known everything about our relationship. He is the only family member who knows the truth. He knows our marriage was not out of love.

"Stop acting. I know you do," he said with a grin on his face.

"And how do you know?" I asked with raised brows and a smile on my face.

"It's so simple. The way you look at him says everything. When you're looking at him, you're only looking at him. As if no one exists in this world for you but only him," he put words to the feelings I have for my husband. The smile faded from my lips, and I got scared for a minute. Am I so obvious?

"Does he see it too?" I whispered timidly, as if he could hear it.

"What do you think?" He instead questioned me back with a smirk on his lips.

"What do I think?" I repeated that question.

My heart started to beat fast at that simple question.

I was already scared, and now he was confusing me even more.

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 171.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 30.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.