Chapter 34

***Double update guys and follow me**

But I don't know by doing this I hibernate the beast or awoke him. 

"What was that," Sophia asked me as soon as we stepped out of the ice cream parlour while licking the last remaining ice cream off the spoon. She didn't even give me a chance to take a breath of relief. I looked at her in amusement. No one can beat her in eating ice cream so fast. 

"What was what," I asked her back, averting my eyes away from her as we walked away from the parlour. 

"This girlfriend thing I thought you wanted to keep low but you are now telling people about your personal life and that too your boss," she asked with a raised eyebrow while she threw the empty cup in the dustbin of the sidewalk. "What we're all the cold chills I felt? I thought I was going to freeze to death if I stayed a second longer there" she said in her scared voice while rubbing her hands around herself. I exhaled deeply as I too didn't know what was happening anymore. 

"Honestly I don't know why I did that," I said in distress while walking with my hands in my pocket as I thought about my behaviour in the Ice cream parlour. Why did I say those things? It's not like telling them about my personal life would affect their life in any way. I felt Sophia's eyes on me but I kept looking ahead as I kept walking lost in my thoughts. 

"Sage are you ok," Sophia asked as she heard the distress in my words while taking my hand in her. 

"I don't know what's going on anymore. Sometimes everything feels so clear and in the next moment everything becomes so complicated and confusing makes me want to run away from here" I said in an exasperating voice as I couldn't get hold of anything in my life. Then why the hell did I say all those things? To keep him away from you. My inner voice said. It made me laugh inwardly mockingly. I grabbed my hair in a little frustration. 

"Everything will be fine, in starting everything feels so overwhelming but you will get used to city life and people here too," she said while patting my back to encourage me. 

"I don't know if I will. The life I lived in my hometown was so simple it's so much different from here. I just wish the period to leave here passes some fast so I can go back to my normal life soon" I expressed my troubling thoughts to her, feeling a little light tug in my chest as I expressed myself. Even if I wanted to go back badly it happily excites me but something was making me scared at the same time at the thought. Giving me a bad feeling that it won't be easy when I want to return to my normal life. All the time I was talking with Sophia she kept quiet and listened to me with a knowing look on her face and I didn't have the power to analyze so I stayed quiet. 

"Let's go and sit over there," Sophia said suddenly after listening to me while taking hold of my hand and moving me towards the empty bench under the tree of the park which was not far away from where we were standing. I puffed the air out of my mouth and followed her with a little slump shoulder still thinking about my actions. We took our seats on the empty bench. I moved my eyes all over the Park. There were not many people here, only a few children were playing in the sand. I took a deep breath in the fresh air as I kept looking at them as they played in the sand with their giggles filling the empty park. It unknowingly brought a small smile to my lips making me forget all the problems of my life for a split of seconds. 

"You remember when we were little kids and used to play in the park for hours," Sophia asked in excitement from her voice. I could tell she had a smile on her face as she said that. I kept looking at the playing kids. 

"Yes, how can I forget those golden days? Our moms always came to find us at the end of the day and scolded us because we missed our homework because we were so lost in playing" I said with a happy smile on my face as I remembered those days of my childhood. Sophia laughed too remembering it as we both were mostly punished together.