Chapter 19

***Follow me and vote for chapter***

Just like that, he left me causing chaos in my naive heart.

That night I reached home very late riding the last subway. I was so in my thoughts that I even almost missed my stop. The door was about to close when I ran away. Steel grey eye monster was very badly messing with my head. Throughout the whole ride, I was asking only one question myself. 

What was he trying to do to me? 

I walked home like a lost person still entangled in my thoughts. I have never before been like these. Standing in front of my apartment door I sigh heavily. Sage, get out of these thoughts. His actions which are affecting you so much could have meant nothing to him. Just stop thinking about useless things and focus on the thing which you came for. 

There is only one goal for your life: make money as much as you can before going back. Now stop thinking about him. 

My inner voice lectured me. I again sigh heavily in annoyance and bite my lower lip as if I was in such a big dilemma while trying to search for my keys. To my bad luck, I was not even able to find them, making me more annoyed than I was. Finally, I found it and when I was about to open it the door suddenly opened and Eric was standing still in his work clothes with a distressed look on his face. It looked like he just came back from his work. 

"Is everything ok?" I asked him in my concerned voice looking at his stressed-filled face. His jaw clenched when he saw me standing in the front door in his way. 

"Oh sorry you need to go," I said in my small voice while getting out of his way. I didn't want to make him more pissed. 

"Where were you," he asked me in his pissed voice as he saw me in my work clothes in which I was almost looking like a man. But thanks to god I was covering my bag in front of me while trying to search my keys or else he would have even noticed my not-so-flat chest appearing flat because of the chest band. 

God, it was suffocating me. 

His sharp blue eyes moved from my face to my attire which made me subconsciously shift from one leg to another. I always make sure to wear something on top on the subway so I don't look like I'm disguised as a man while coming home. But today I was so lost that I forgot to wear my hoodie so I pressed the bag more to my chest after listening to his mad voice. 

"At work," I said in my small voice while looking at his angry face. 

"Where is your cell phone," he asked in his same voice while making me frown and think about it. 

"It must be---" I said while checking my pockets. Where did I leave it? Oh, I remember keeping it in my bag. I opened the front zip of the bag and found it. 

"Here it is," I said with a small relief smile on my face while showing it to him. It was switched off. 

"It's dead, I need to charge it," I said while looking at my cell phone, then I moved my eyes from it to him and my breath hitched, making me swallow hard. He was looking at me with his ice-blue eyes with undefined emotions in his eyes. With a clenched jaw and ice look in his eyes, he walked back inside the house without saying a word with a pissed look on his face. Strange! wasn't he about to go out? I heard a loud thud of his bedroom door being shut making me flinch in my place.

What happened to him? 

I groan in annoyance. All the men in my life are making me go so crazy with their indifferent behavior. I stopped myself from thinking even one more second about their indifferent behavior. It was enough for today as I felt exhausted. Slumping my shoulder I walked inside the house. A small ball of fur immediately jumped on me. It was none other than the sunshine of my life Mint. He started licking my whole face. He was excited and happy at the same time to see me.