Chapter 77

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Just like that, both of our eyes said bye to each other in longing silence.

It's been only half an hour since the fight took off, and I have already started to miss him. I remember how he held me when I got scared on my first flight. Slowly, all the things started to pop up in my head, making me feel restless. I decided to brush that feeling away by sleeping for the rest of the flight. My home town was only one and a half hours away. Sophia woke me up once I got there. Sophia went to her parent's house with Logan. Their house is beside us.

"What a surprise! You came early." Mom and dad were so happy to see me at the door.

"Xanthus didn't come with you," my dad asked when he saw I was alone at the door. My smile fell when he asked me that.

"He couldn't make it. Where is Elijah?" I asked my mother, trying to change the topic.

"He is out. Are you going to keep questioning her at the door? Let her come in," my mother said while taking me into her warm embrace.

"Mom," I said, hugging her back. Dad took my bag inside. I was talking with them when my cell phone screen blinked. I had received a message from him. He asked me if I had reached home, and I answered yes. I waited for his text, but he just saw my message. I kept my cell phone away when he didn't text me back. I bit my nails in distress, still glaring at the cell phone. He just texted me and did not call. What if someone had stolen my cell phone and was answering his texts through it?

"Sage, go freshen up. Lunch is ready," my mother said, making me look away from the black screen. I gave her a nod and decided to relax. That's why I was here. I wanted to be alone, and he was letting me do that, but I didn't know why I was feeling irked by it. I changed my clothes and went down to eat lunch. I was hungry, and the aroma of homemade food made my stomach grumble.

"Mom, what's for lunch?" I asked her excitedly as soon as I was down.

"Spaghetti with meatballs," she replied while putting plates on the table.

"My favourite," I said while taking plates from her hand and helping her. My mother smiled at me.

"Sage, what a surprise!" I heard Elijah's surprised voice. He hugged me tightly, lifting me in the air a little. I chuckled at how strong and tall he had become. Why do younger brothers grow so tall? There was a time when he only reached my hips, and I used to hug him like this. We all had lunch together. I was with my family, eating homemade food, but somewhere deep in my heart, I was missing him.

Did he have his lunch?

My eyes went to my cell phone, and I took to texting him. Of course, he must have had it. He is not waiting for you to eat first. My inner voice mocked me. I cleared my throat and kept my cell phone away. I continued eating my lunch. I took a rest that day. The next day, I decided to help dad at dinner. The restaurant was still open even though renovations were going on inside. Dad didn't want to stop the business because it drove away new and regular customers. So tables and chairs were arranged outside of our small restaurant. Today was a busy day with lots of customers. Sophia and Logan decided to help us with taking orders because we were short on people. Elijah was at his school, giving his exams. Next year, he will go to college.

"Table number six wants a house special," Logan said.

"Coming," I said while throwing mixed vegetables in the pan. Dad was preparing table number seven's orders. We were busy until closing time. We were all exhausted and hungry as hell. Dad decided to treat us to his special fried chicken and gravy with garlic bread.

"Your food is the best. I'm ready to work here for the rest of my life if you feed me your handmade food," Logan moaned while taking the first bite of gravy and garlic bread. He gave a thumbs up to his dad.

"You are hired." Dad smiled at him, making Logan grin at him.

"I will be fat in a week if I keep eating like this,'' Sophia said while grabbing one more piece of fried chicken.

"You girls need to eat more and put on some healthy weight. You both will be carrying babies soon," my mother said while putting more food on our plate.

"What babies? I'm the baby," Sophia said immediately, making everyone laugh.

"Yes, she is my baby," Logan wheedled while hugging her from the side. We laughed while looking at them with awe on our faces. They are very cute. My cell phone beeped at the same time, making me take it immediately. I had received a message, but when I opened it, it was from spam. The whole day, he had not called or even sent me a single text. I'm sure now that he is not missing me. I huffed while pulling my legs up on my chair. I decided to go through my Instagram, and my eyes widened when I saw James' post. They were all in the bar drinking. He was nursing a drink, looking relaxed and having fun.

"Relaxing after a long day," I read James' caption under my breath with a sour face. He is enjoying why I'm being like this. I should also stop thinking of him and relax. I should also enjoy my time here. Now I was burning from the inside. Mom and dad went to sleep, and we were still sitting outside eating our dinner under the starry sky.

"Guys, let's go for drinks," I said to them when we were done eating.

"I'm in," Sophia said. She is always ready for it.

"We have some beer in the refrigerator. I will get them," Elijah said, and he went inside to get them. Sometimes dad keeps selling stock in the house. I felt so good when I took the first sip of chilled beer. I glared at my cell phone as if it were my husband and chucked the whole can in one go. In no time, I had drunk five cans of beer.

"Mrs. Viline takes it slow," Logan said when I was on my sixth can and he was trying to take it away from me. I groaned when he called me like that.

"Let me drink. I want to relax and enjoy my life too," I slurred while connecting the can to my lips. I don't know what I did after that. I woke up with a very bad headache. I drank a lot last night. I don't even know how I reached my bed. I rubbed my forehead, feeling as if thousands of drums were playing inside it. I groaned and tried to get out of bed, but I shivered when the cold air touched my skin. My eyes widened when I found myself naked.

"Just what happened last night?" I mumbled under my breath, horrified. I pulled the sheet to my chest. I felt a weight on my waist. My heart started to beat fast. I slowly turned my head to find the head chef sleeping beside me. My eyes popped out of their sockets, and the headache was long forgotten.

"What is he doing here?"

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter complete.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 47.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.