Chapter 40

***Update for you guys don't forget to follow me. Please read my thoughts down. Suggestions are always welcomed and check-in some time there will be a Stolen Secretary update***

I know he is going to fire me. 

"Hiring you was the biggest mistake. It's my fault I trusted you with this. I should have trusted someone reliable for this task," he said in his harsh voice, making my eyes sting as I felt my eyes becoming glossy. He was yelling at me when it was not even my mistake. 

I can't take his humiliation anymore. 

If he can't tell them the truth I will tell them. I tried to open my mouth to tell him the truth but my eyes fell behind Logan who had the same expression of regret on his face as he was standing not far away from me with a lowered head. At the same time, he looked at me with guilt visible in his eyes. I know why he didn't tell them the truth. He knows this mistake will cost him his job. He is trying to save his job. William once told me he has a sick mother and he is an only child so most of his salary goes into his mother's treatment and that's made me shut my mouth. I averted my eyes from him and looked at the head chef as he kept yelling at me. Everyone was looking at me with pity in their eyes and it stings even more. I hate it when people look at me like that. I glared at him when he said those words. I know I'm wrong. I trusted the wrong person but he is continually scolding me not even giving me a proper chance to explain. I called the number he gave me but no one picked the call. 

"I told you to order those fish because they are so hard to get in the market," he said in anger while pulling his hair in frustration.  

"That's why I don't let fools like you enter my kitchen. You don't even have any seriousness towards your job. We don't come here just to pass our time. We do a serious job of satisfying people with our food," he said in his harsh voice while taking threatening steps in my direction, making me take a step back in fear as I felt his power overpowering me. 

"Do you even know who today's important clients are?" he asked in the same angry voice stopping in front of me, making me flinch at my place with his loud question. I swallowed hard and moved my head in no. 

"They are the critics who rate the hotels internationally today we're supposed to give us a rank but only because you forget to order the fish's whole menu is messed up. We can't even change the menu at short notice. It will affect our reputation.  The ranking of Villin's restaurants is going to fall. Will you take the responsibility of spoiling our name" he said in his grime voice as he again moved his hand in his hair in frustration. I was still looking at him with tear-filled eyes. They were on the verge of slipping from the corner of my eyes. He was taking all of his frustration on me because I had messed up everything.  I should have called Logan and reminded him. Everything was messed up. I braced my heart for the worst as I knew I had no choice. I bit my lower lip as I felt the gravity of the situation. He is the man of few words. If this mistake is making him this stressed then it must be more important to him than I think. I have never seen him this angry. Thinking about everything, my throat is clogged with guilt and fear. I tried to control my tears but they betrayed me as they slipped from the corner of my eyes. 

"Now what, you are going to cry like a baby. Man up and face the consequences of your wrongdoing," he said harshly as he saw my tear-filled eyes. His eyes became soft for a second but in a split of seconds, they turned back to the angry one. I took a jagged breath and opened my mouth. 

"I'm sorry," I said those words in my small voice while lowering my eyes as more warm tears slipped from the corner of my eyes. I had nothing to say in my defense. 

"Sorry! it won't solve our problem but you know what will," he said in the same grim tone, making my heartbeat in fear. 

"You are fi---" he was about to complete his sentence but Logan interrupted him.