Chapter 30

***Follow me and vote***

From when they were standing and listening to us.

I thought while looking at them with a big fat frown on my eyebrows. The way they were looking at me was not giving good vibes too. Their eyes zeroed in our direction and I felt Isabella shifting more as she too felt the intensity of their gaze. His best friend had his eyes set on her and it seemed going darker as he saw her shifting more behind me. Now, what problem does he have with his sister? He gives me those stares because he doesn't like me but what did his sister do to get it too. And top of it, why is his best friend looking at her in that way? On the way, a grey-eyed monster looks at me when I talk with William or James. 

Why are all the men I'm meeting nowadays so weird? They are confusing me more and more making it hard for me to be like one but I'm trying my best to do it. My face grimes as I thought about all the complexity I was going through in my life to get our family restaurant back. I was still feeling his dark gaze on me but I ignored it as I always do. I sighed heavily and tried to move as I didn't want Isabella to hide behind me forever just because she was afraid of the men standing in front of us. If she is afraid of them and especially of her best friend then I will teach her some self-defense moves which she can use to protect herself. 

"Don't move'' she whispered as she felt me shifting and exposing her to the beast's eyes. It made me look at her and then to where she was looking. Her gaze was fixed on the person standing beside the grey eye monster. He too had not moved his gaze from her. What's going on here? Is she that intimidated by him that she doesn't want me to move? 

"Don't be afraid of him, I'm here," I said, not wanting her to be scared of the grey-eyed monster friend while shifting my eyes back on her. Listening to my words she looked at me for a split of seconds and then her grey eyes went back on him. 

"You are saying because you don't know what I have done and I'm not afraid of him, it's just," she said in her same uneasy voice while biting her lower lip in distress, thinking about a better word to explain as I waited while shielding her from their boring dark gaze. I think I will melt and get puff into the air if I keep standing like that. 

"Uh," she said in her little frustrated voice as she couldn't get the right words. 

"It's soooooo complicated," she said, stretching her emotions to express what she couldn't in simple words. Her words made me turn my head and look at her with a known look in my eyes. Her situation seems to resemble mine. It was complicated for me too. 

"I understand you," I said while looking at her with the same look as her in my eyes. Listening to my words her eyes slightly widened in shock. 

"It's the first time a man has understood my emotion without me explaining," she said in her stunned voice, making me smile sheepishly at her. Only if she knew the truth. Maybe I could relate to her because I was still a woman from inside. I grin in understanding, making her grin back. 

"I like you. I think we will be a great team," she said with a big same grin on her face as she laced her arm with mine and stepped forward, not hiding behind me anymore. It made me smile at her as I listened to her words. 

"Izzy Sage stop spacing around come here we have more dishes to prepare" Mrs.Villin called us as she saw us grinning at each other like idiots.