Chapter 99

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"She will be more than ok"

I exhaled loudly while moving my eyes to Erick's retreat back. I snuggled more in his warm embrace. Xanthus and I had a rough start too but see we are together now. I had never imagined falling in love with him or him with me. But see us now. I decided to trust the process. Let's see what the future holds for them. 

"We should head back" Xanthus whispered while kissing my head. I hummed in response. We left the hotel after finishing our drink. Reaching home I went first into the bathroom and changed into my night clothes. I sprawled on the bed while Xanthus went to the bathroom to change his clothes. I was half asleep when he came to bed. He pulled me towards him and spooned me. His fingers moved in my hair. I could feel his hardness even when I was half asleep. 

"I'm sleepy" I mumbled sleepily with my eyes still closed. 

"I know love. I'm not stopping you," he said huskily while kissing my neck. God this man. I tried to fall asleep again but it was not letting me sleep. It was so hard for me not to give attention to it. He kept stroking my hair as if pushing me into a deep slumber but at the same time wanted me to stay awake. In the end, I couldn't ignore it. We ended up doing the deed in the middle of the night. He spooned fucked me until I fell asleep in exhaustion. The next day I woke up feeling a bit tired but I can handle it. Today was the inauguration of our renovated restaurant. My mom was going crazy over it, running here and there and panicking about small things. It was a big day for her and us. We had dreamed of this day. I had gone to find work outside of the city with this dream in my eyes and it was finally becoming the reality. 

"Sage, have checked everything," she asked umpteen times. 

"Yes, I have checked everything," I said like I have done umpteen times since morning. She was about to turn around and ask Elijah the same question when I stopped her. I took hold of her shoulder with both of my hands. 

"Mom, take a deep breath," I said while looking into her eyes. 

"Everything will turn out perfect," I said softly assuring her. 

"That's what I have been saying to her since morning but no one listens to good men now," my dad said while looking at us from the kitchen. My mother glared at him but she still nodded her head and took a deep breath. After a few deep breaths, her face looked less stress-free. "Now let's go. We need to be there on time" she said and I nodded at her with a smile on my face. She smiled back and we left. Everyone had already reached the venue. My in-laws and our guests were our neighbours and some regular customers. My parents inaugurated the restaurant. My mom cried while doing it, making me emotional too. Xanthus kept holding my hand the entire time. everyone, we're happy to see the new avatar of the King's diner. All of them congratulate my parents. We disturbed the refreshment we had arranged for the guest. Everything went smoothly and that's when my mother stopped feeling anxious. After that, we gave dad his surprise birthday party. He was so happy and overwhelmed. We had lots of fun there. We drank and ate delicious food. I loved it there. I cried when we had to leave the next day. It was my first time visiting my parents after my marriage and it made me feel overwhelmed. Xanthus has asked me if I want to stay for a few more days but I know if I don't go now then I will never leave my parents' house and stay with them. 

It has been months now since that day but I still get tears in my eyes remembering it. I went to meet them again and they even came to meet me this month. After coming back I joined my work again. They were happy to see me. I was happy to work again. I don't know how fast the days went. Life is happy and fun now. Xanthus and I are going to celebrate our first anniversary soon. We are near to completing a year around the sun. A smile formed on my face at that thought. Now I was standing in my kitchen cooking dinner for my dear husband who was running late. I looked at the clock to see it was past seven and he was still not home. I stopped chopping the onions and turned around to get the tomatoes from the refrigerator but as soon as I did that everything revolved around me. I gripped the edge of the counter and stood still for a few minutes. I should have not turned around so fast. I took a deep breath before continuing my work. I was done cooking dinner till eight. I decided to freshen up before Xanthus came. I walked out of the bathroom after fifteen minutes. 

"Why is he still not here," I said while eyeing the wall clock. I grabbed my cell phone and called him but it went to voicemail. Now it was making me feel worried. I walked down the living room and decided to call chef Oliver to ask about my husband's whereabouts. He picked up my call after the second ring. 

"Hey Sage, how are you doing?" he asked as soon as he picked up the call. 

"I'm doing great. How are you" I said, trying to keep my voice steady. I didn't want to sound uneasy. 

"I'm great. Why did you call, do you need help with the recipe again," he said from another side. 

"No–No. I wanted to ask if the head chef is still there. He is not picking up my call" I asked while biting on my lower lip in anxiety. I was trying my best to keep it at bay. 

"No, he left one and a half hours ago. Don't worry he must have been stuck in traffic" Chef Oliver said to ease me up. I took a deep breath to calm myself. 

"I think that too," I said while biting on my lower lips. I sat down on the couch and started biting on my nails while waiting for him. I tried to call him again but it again went to voice call. I kept looking at the clock every passing second. So many bad thoughts came into my head. I was being delusional. He is stuck in traffic. He will be here soon. I again looked at the wall clock when I heard the click of the door. I immediately stood up. I ignored all the dizziness and kept walking until I found him closing the door. My eyes widened looking at the bandage on his head and some blood on his collar. 

"Oh my God. W–what happened," I said hysterically while standing in front of him. 

"Nothing happened, love. I'm all good" he said calmly when I touched the bandage on his forehead. I again pushed that dizziness away. 

"You don't need to worry. It was just a small accident" he said while taking hold of my hand which was touching his blood-covered bandage. My eyes widened in fear. 

"A–Accident" I stuttered. It was the last word that left my mouth before everything went black in front of my eyes. 

Pitch black. 

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 32.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.