Chapter 22

***Dont forget to follow me guys***

"Mission black card"

"Everyone, lunch is ready,'' Mrs Villian announced, making us look at her. She told us all to come to the dining room. 

"Mom I will come and help you," Isabella said and walked towards the kitchen. We both trailed behind her. Three of us help in setting the table. Soon everyone took their seats. The head chef didn't sit beside me, instead, he sat in front of me beside Erick. Beside them, mom and dad sat. I, Isabella and Grace sat opposite them. Elijah sat beside me. Grandma and his mother and father were seated on the other end with grandma seated on the chair of the head of the family. 

"Food looks delicious," Mr Villian said with a smile on her face. 

"You have made a lot. I'm sorry that we came unannounced and caused you trouble" my mom said apologetically. 

"Please don't say that. You are always welcome and now we are one family. Besides, most of the dishes are made by Sage not me. She was the one who put in all the effort" Mrs Villian praised me with a smile on her face. 

"Let's dig in," Grandma said and everyone started eating. Erick was still looking at me and eating his food silently. He didn't take the pasta and it made my face fall. 

"When will he stop being mad at me?" I mumbled while looking at Erick. 

"Don't stress yourself so much he will come around once his anger is gone. He cares for you and that's why he is angry at you" Grace said with a small smile on her face. 

"Do you think so?" I asked with both raised eyebrows. She gave me a node. 

"Talk to him," she said, nudging me. Encouraging me to talk to him. 

"Erick, take some chicken pasta," I said while forwarding the bowl towards him. As soon as I said that I felt sharp grey eyes on me. 

"Yes Erick, she made it special for you," Mrs Villian said to him. He gave her a nod and took the bowl from me. He even took that. 

"How is it," I asked with hopeful eyes when he took the first bite. 

"It's good as always," he said this time with less stiffness. 

"Try this too," I said happily after getting positive feedback. I passed garlic bread to him because I know he likes to eat it with pasta. He took one and a bite of it. The corner of his lip curled in delight and it made me happy. He didn't glare at me anymore. It's true the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. 

"Mr and Mrs King please take some more," Grandma said to them. I put some pasta on Elijah's plate, who was eating like a bird. I know his appetite is big. 

"Sage" he complained protestingly when I put a few more dishes on his plate. They chuckled at his whine. I heard the sliding of the chair which made me look at the source of the sound. The head chef stood up. 

"Where are you going? Finish your food first?" his mother said half-eaten food was still on his plate. His cold grey eyes meet mine. 

"I'm full," he said with a stern look on his face while looking straight into my eyes. My mother looked at me with furrowed eyes making me smile at her nervousness. Before his mother could stop him he walked away. 

"Sage, go see what's wrong. He didn't even finish his food," my mom said when she saw the head chef walking away with a sulking face. 

"Me," I asked in disbelief with wide eyes. Why should I go? I'm still not full. 

"Yes you now go," she said hurriedly while gesturing to me with her hand to follow him. 

"No need to go behind him. He said he was full. Sage, finish your food first" grandma said when I was about to get up from my seat. I gave her a small nod and kept sitting in my seat. 

"Mrs King, don't worry about him. If he gets hungry he will come back" his mother said, making my mom nod her head and continue eating. We all went back to talking and laughing. After our lunch, Mrs Villian asked the maids to show their room. Mom and dad wanted to stay in a hotel because they didn't want to burden them but grandma didn't let them. She said their mansion could easily fit a hundred people and she won't let them stay in a hotel. Mom, dad and Elijah were going to stay here until my wedding with the head chef which was at the end of the coming week. Tomorrow is Eric and Grace's engagement. My and the head chef's wedding preparations will start after their engagement. His mother and my mother both were excited about the wedding. Today we had planned to go to the parlour to get beautified for tomorrow's event. All the ladies were going including grandma. Grace even invited Sophia and it increased the fun. I met Grace's mom in the parlour. She is such a sweet lady. 

Hair, eyebrow waxing mani-pedi and many other things I won't name were done with us. We had lots of fun and I was happy to see mom enjoying it too. We all came back beatified. When we reached home we found all the men seated in the bar area in the living room and nursing a drink. They were having their time. The head chef's best friend Danil was present here too. They stopped talking and looked at us when we walked in. His dad and my dad both completed their wives. Dad teases mom, making her blush. We all were looking at them with aww eyes. My dad was a romantic type of person and my mom was a little bit strict. They both completed each other and I grew up seeing dad teasing and love towards each other. But the saying is true that what we desire never comes to us easily. 

But looking at the head chef I don't think this is ever going to happen to us. I sighed and averted my eyes from them with slumped shoulders but my eyes clashed with grey ones. My body immediately went stiff when I saw him looking at me with his dark eyes while sipping on his drink slowly. He was looking at me like a starved predator staring at his prey. A big lump formed in my throat because he still kept looking at me without even blinking. I kept standing there as if my legs were glued there. The anger was still in his eyes but it was mixed with something else. Something made me shiver when he again took a sip still looking at me. My mouth went dry and my heart started to beat fast the very next moment. 

He gestured to me with his eyes to follow him. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 89
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 127

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.