Chapter 20

***Follow me and vote for a chapter***

What reason do I have for marrying a head chef so hastily? 

"I--I'm going to call them today," I said with a faint smile on my face. She nodded her head in understanding and went back to eating. Unknowingly my eyes moved towards the head chef and I found him already looking at me. His grey eyes moved all over my distressed face. 

"Call them soon, I need to discuss the wedding arrangements with your mother too" I heard Mrs Villian saying excitedly to me. It made me look away from him. I swallowed hard the lump which had formed in my throat. "I will'' I gave her a small nod with the same faint smile on my face. For the rest of the breakfast, I kept playing with my food. My appetite was long lost. I kept on thinking about how I'm going to break the news of my getting married to them. How am I going to tell them I'm already married on paper? Telling them about my marriage means telling them about the lie which had made me get tangled in it. I don't know how they will take this. I don't even dare to tell the truth. 

"Mom, I'm leaving," I heard the head chef say, making me look at him but I looked away when I saw him still looking at me. 

"I thought you would stay longer because the restaurant is closed today,'' Mrs Villian said while looking at her son. 

"I need to take care of something" I heard him saying. I could feel his eyes on me but I was too deeply engrossed in my worries. He left after that. After breakfast, I went to my bedroom. I saw myself seated in my room and stared at the black screen of my cell phone. I was doing it for half an hour. I called my dad and cut it even before it rang. It was my tenth attempt but I still couldn't muster up the courage to call him. If it continues like this then I think I will tell them about my marriage when I'm about to give birth to my child. A child with a demon himself I'm not ready for this. I huffed in annoyance while laying back on the bed. I threw my phone on the other side of the bed. 

"What am I going to do?'' I exhaled in distress while closing my eyes. I heard the sound of the door getting opened but I didn't look in that direction. 

"Sage you are here. I have been searching for you everywhere" she said excitedly, making me open my eyes and look at her. 

"What happened," I asked her while sitting up. 

"Come with me, there's a surprise for you," she said while walking into Thane, grabbing my hand. She pulled me with her. 

"What surprise?" I asked her while letting her drag me with her. 

"You will know soon," she said with a big smile on her face, making me look at her with furrowed eyes. But all my questions were answered once we reached the living room. My eyes widened in a mixture of shock and surprise. 

"Mom dad," I said in my surprised voice when I found them sitting with everyone. Elijah was sitting with them too. My eyes immediately found the grey eyes which were already looking at me. What are they doing here? My eyes were screaming that question. I averted my eyes from him and looked at them. They stopped talking and looked at me with big smiles on their faces. 

"Sage'' mom called out my name and walked towards me. She hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. I needed it so badly. Dad walked to me and hugged me. Elijah did the same but I saw he had a questioning look on his face. 

"Sage, why didn't you tell me you have such a cute-looking brother?" Isabella asked, looking at Elijah whose face turned red, making her laugh. They made me sit on the couch beside them. 

"Young lady, when were you going to tell us about the wedding?" mom asked me in a firm voice, making me look at her in surprise. They even know about the wedding. A big lump formed in my throat and I couldn't come up with an answer.