Chapter 65

***Follow me and Vote***

"Grandma wants to meet me" 

A mere whisper left my mouth as I heard those words. Whole-body froze, making a big lump form in my throat. She wants to meet me. 

"Sage are you still there?" I heard Izzy asking me from another side. She repeated those words one more time when I came back to my senses. I swallowed the big lump as I heard a distanced voice asking if I'm ok. 

"Y--yes, I'm ok. I w--will be there" I said as I started to sound worried. 

"Good, I will see you at Villan's mansion," she said in her energetic voice. I cleared my throat and said bye as I cut the call. My body was still in a statue mood as I pushed my cell phone back into my trousers. I rubbed my sweaty hands on my apron as I thought about everything. What should I do now? I have said yes to them but I don't know if I should go or not. If I back out now, what will they think?  What image will my actions create in their eyes? His mother was understanding but what will his grandmother say? Will she accept that her grandson is in love with a man? 

My hands started to sweat even more. Will she give us her approval for our relationship? Wait a minute Sage, why are you thinking about all this? Have you forgotten your goal after coming so far? Have you given up on your family? You are not here to get people's approval. You are not here to be in love with someone. It's not your goal. You are here to make money for your family so you can go back and get your family restaurant back and that's your goal. Don't let yourself get distracted by all this. He doesn't even know that you are a woman and what will happen after he comes to know about your truth. 

You will lose the last chance of making money. 

Then what will you do? 

The more you get involved with people the more you will hurt not only them but yourself too. My inner voice asked me, knocking the air out of my lungs. She was right, I'm not here to be in love with someone. I was still in my little world where I thought everything would be easy and perfect when. Once they know everything, what will I do after it? I was so lost in my world that I neglected all the consequences I would have to face if they came to know about my truth. Once they know about me I would be a deceiver in their eyes and nothing more. The head chef won't even want to see my face once he knows I'm a woman. Would I be able to live my life with his hate towards me? My chest contracted in pain as I thought about everything. My legs felt weak as I rested my back on the wall. I have to make my decision. I kept looking in the distance as my thoughts kept on getting heavy and heavy. I was so tangled up in everything that getting out seemed so hard. Will he accept me? 

"Tiny what are you doing here" I heard his voice which made me immediately look at him. My heart fluttered as I looked at him. His grey eyes were looking at me with concern as he walked toward me. I just kept looking at him without uttering a word. He came and stood in front of me as his grey eyes stayed fixed on my face which was clayed with stress. He was about to move nearer to me when we heard familiar voices coming toward us. He took hold of my hand and let me into his office. I just followed him as my head was still so heavy with all the questions my inner voice asked me. Once we reached his office he secured me in his big arms. I kept looking down not knowing in which direction my life was taking me. 

"What happened tiny, you look so distracted," he said softly as he lifted my face, taking hold of my chin. I lifted my eyelids and looked at him. His face held a softness as he looked at me. His eyes were worried for me. Will he look at me the same way once he knows I'm deceiving him? This question made my stomach twitch in a bad way. I know the answer to that question was a big no. He won't even want to see my face after knowing it and it was clear as day. The softness on his face will be replaced by anger and worry in his eyes will be replaced by hate and bitterness for me. My eyes sting as my heart starts to cry. He is my first love. How would I be able to see all that in his eyes? Why is love encountering me in this kind of situation? Even if everything I'm showing him is an act, the love I feel for him is genuine. Once again I'm finding myself in a thigh circumstance.