Chapter 25

***Follow me guys and vote***

"Who is she" 

A big lump formed in the base of my throat when Sophia's question rang in my ears. Nothing came out of my mouth because I don't have an answer to that question. My eyes stayed fixed on them. I kept looking at her slender hands which were wrapped around his arms and the huge smile on her delicate face as she talked about something very fondly with him. Her dress colour matched his as if they had decided to twin as a couple. Even though I deny it, they looked good together. She pulled him towards the other family members. Isabella ran to her to hug her. 

The lump in my throat heaved, even more, when I saw her meeting the other family members as if they knew each other for years. Grandma creases her back lovely as she kisses her cheeks. I saw the head chef smiling at her. I felt tugged in my chest when I saw all of them together. He is mad at me and happy with other women. After all, he married me to take his revenge for deceiving him. Am I being jealous because some other woman was perfectly fit with the family without any effort, unlike me? I felt like an outsider looking at them from afar. 

"Sage Sage" I hear Sophia calling my name to get my attention. I looked at her blinking away my tears which I didn't realise when they started to form in my eyes. 

"What happened," she asked, looking at me with a concerned look on her face. 

"Do-nothing I just zoned out. Come let's go, the party will start soon" I said while walking with a big lump in my throat with a faint smile on my face. 

"Are you ok?" she still asked me with the same tone. 

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine. Let's go to Erick before becoming grumpy" I said while taking her hand and hurrying her towards Erick who seemed to go rampage soon if the engagement ceremony was not performed anytime soon. 

"Why is she still not here?" Erick said grumpily when we both reached near him. 

"Eager to meet you soon to be a bride" Sophia teases him while putting her hand around his shoulder. She had to lift her toes to do it even in her heels. He rolled his eyes at her comment. I know his reasons are different to get over this engagement.

"Who invited you," he said grumpily with a smirk on his face. She glared at him. 

"My very dear cranky friend who is acting like an ass now" she retorted while still glaring at him with a smirk on her face. 

"How I regret it" he scoffed still with a smirk on his lips. I kept standing there laughing at them. Their comebacks were always fun to listen to. They are like brothers and sisters who hated each other and at the same time loved each other. 

"Yeah, I will make sure you regret it, even more, when I give a speech after your engagement. I feel bad for poor Grace who has spent her entire life with a grumpy man like you," she said with a big evil smirk on her face when she showed him the paper on which she had written a speech, especially for today. 

"You won't," he said in disbelief. 

"Watch me," she said while lifting her hand in the air and running away before he could catch her. 

"Let her be," I said, stopping him when he was about to chase her. I have to act like a mom when these two behave like that. 

"I need to stop her. I can't even imagine what she must have written for the speech" he scoffed with a grim face like a kid. 

"Nothing scandalous is written in that. She is just teasing you," I said while fixing his tie which he had loosened a few minutes ago. 

"She knows more about me than she shows. Only time will tell what she has to say in the speech," he said in the same tone as he looked down at his tie which was fixed now. I had a faint smile on my face. 

"What happened to your face?" He said suddenly with his blue eyes moving all over my face. He lifted his hand and his thumb rubbed at the corner of my eyes where the mistress of tears was still there. I was trying to distract myself but my mind was still stuck on the family image I saw now. 

"N--nothing. I'm just tired from all the preparation we had to do before the party started" I said while moving my face away from his hand. I gave him an assuring smile while still looking away. He kept looking down at me again trying to read me. 

"They are here" I heard someone saying and that made him look away from me to the door. I saw his relaxed facial expression when back to the stern one when he saw Grace walking in looking like a beautiful angel in her white mermaid dress with a diamond necklace adorning her neck. I was about to say how beautiful she was looking when I saw Erick's eyes narrow in sheer anger at the diamond necklace she was wearing. 

"Erick" I squeezed his arm when I saw him clenching his jaw. He took deep breaths before nodding his head towards me as if saying he is ok. I smiled at nervous-looking Grace. I grabbed her hand and made her stand beside him. As soon as I turned my breath caught in my lungs when I saw grey eyes looking at me heatedly. He was standing only a few centimetres away from me. His cologne invaded my nostrils making me feel intoxicated. They were slowly moving all over my body as if drinking my appearance. My heart started to beat loudly the way he was looking at me. It made my stomach crunch with unknown fear in it. So he finally got time to look at me. Why is he looking at me like that now? I chewed my lower lip. I felt anger building up inside me. My small action made his grey eyes move on my lips. I stopped doing it and glared at him. 

"Sage Darling, can you go and bring the engagement rings from my room? I have kept them on the bed" Grandma asked me. It made me avert my eyes from him. 

"Yes, grandma I will get them" I nodded my head yes and started walking away without sparing him a glance. I walked upstairs and then went to grandma's room. Lots of thoughts were clashing in my head as I walked lost in my thoughts. I found the engagement rings as she said in her room on the bed. 

"I should now soon take them down," I whispered under my breath. I turned around to find the head chef at the door. 

But my heart jolted up in an alarm when I heard the click of the door locking. 
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 93
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 129

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.