Chapter 14

***Hey, my lovely readers if you are considering pledging to me on Patreon please do it on the 1st of the coming month to get the benefit for the whole month***
***Dont forget to follow me and vote***

"Maxwell"

I whisper his name while looking at him with my surprised eyes. I never thought I would meet him again like this. 

"Oh no he has become more handsome," Sophia whispered beside me as she gawked at him. 

"Close your mouth" I whispered back, making her shut her mouth. 

"What a pleasant surprise," he said as he stood up from his seat and walked towards me with a charming smile on his face. 

"Ouch," a whimper left my mouth as I tried to walk with Sophia's help. 

"Let me help you too if you don't mind," he asked for my permission while lifting his hand in the air. I gave him a small nod after thinking for seconds. He walked toward me with a big smile on his face. He put my other hand over his shoulder and helped me walk towards the examination bed. Both of them helped me sit on the bed as I made faces while feeling the pain. 

"Let me check you first," he said while looking at my wincing face. I gave him a small nod. Sophia's cell phone started ringing. 

"I will wait outside," Sophia said while smiling at me and walking out of the cabin while removing her ringing phone from her bag. 

"May I," Maxwell said while pointing at my leg. 

"Yes, let me take out my shoe," I said as I lifted my leg to carefully remove my shoe but Maxwell did it for me. He very gently did it, taking care not to touch my swollen ankle. 

"It seems like you have twisted your ankle," he said while putting on his glasses. God, why did he do that? It made him look even hotter. I just hummed while looking away from his face. 

"So how did this happen," he asked me while looking up at me for a few seconds and then looking back at my leg. 

"It's a long story," I said, not wanting to tell him how it happened. 

"You know what," he said while looking into my eyes. "I like long stories," he said with a grin on his face, making me laugh at him. He has always been a chatty one. 

"Ok then I have no other option," I said while shrugging my shoulders. I told him the whole story as he checked my leg. 

"You have not changed a bit. You have always been selfless classmates I have known" he said making my cheeks turn a little red. 

"I remember you feeding all the stray dogs and homeless people if they stood in front of your restaurant. That's what made me fall for you in the first place," he added, making me look at him with wide eyes. 

"Don't get me wrong, these are the feelings I always felt towards you," he said while looking into my eyes. A playful smile formed on his face when he saw my reaction. 

"Hold your breath," he said suddenly, making me look at him with furred eyes. 

"Huh," I said in confusion but before I knew it he moved my leg making a cracking sound in the air. I pressed my lips in a thin line stopping myself from screaming my lungs out. But I didn't feel any pain in my leg when he did that. 

"Try to move your leg now," he said with the same playful smile on his face. I moved it and it hurt a little but not like before. 

"How did you do that," I asked him in surprise while still trying to move my ankle. 

"Just some moves I learn from a witch that stays in a dark alley of the hospital,"  he said mischievously, making me laugh. 

"Then I need to be careful of you" I joked back, making him laugh too. He went and took some brown-coloured bandages out of his drawers and then walked back to me. He started wrapping it around my leg after spraying some spray on my ankle. 

"This will reduce the swelling. You won't be able to move your ankle that much but once the swelling is reduced you can remove this bandage" he said while securing it over my ankle. 

"Ok," I said with a small nod towards him while biting my lower lip as I felt little pressure on my swollen leg. 

"Come I will write down some medicine for you," he said while pointing toward the seat in front of his desk. I slipped down from the bed and walked towards the chair while limping a little with his help. 

"I never thought we would meet again like this," he said with a big smile on his face after taking his seat. 

"Last time I was in our town. I went to your restaurant to meet you but your dad told me you were there. I was thinking about calling you but couldn't muster up my courage" he said with a sheepish smile on his face. 

"Why? You are not the shy type" I teased him, making him chuckle. 

"Only when it comes to you" he teased back, making me laugh. It felt good to meet an old friend after a long time. We both were laughing when suddenly the door burst open. We both looked at it in surprise. I found grey eyes on me with a little concern looking in them. I must be imagining things. But soon that look on his face changed when his grey eyes fell behind me. A spark of recognition crossed over his face. Now there stood a very angry-looking head chef. He walked towards me with his now mad eyes trying to make holes in my face. From behind him came Sophia who had a worried look on her face. She shrugs her shoulders in helplessness. 

"Why were you not picking up your cell phone," he asked me in his calm voice but I knew a storm was going on in there. His words made me look for my bag. I found it on another chair. 

"It's dead," I said while looking at the black screen of my cell phone. He started taking threatening steps toward me with a set jaw. He eyed the bandage on my leg. I feel Maxwell's eyes on me. I know he will now lecture me on how I should charge my phone and all. 

"Are you done checking her?" he asked Maxwell in his calm deep voice looking straight into his eyes. Suddenly the tension in the air increased. 

"Yes, here is her prescription," Maxwell nodded his head. The head chef took it. Then he asked about my ankle and what measures had to be taken. 

"Than--" before I could complete my sentence he said. 

"Let's go," he said to me calmly once he was done asking he looked at me. I stood up to walk but the next thing I knew he lifted me in his arms bridal style making me gasp at his sudden action. He gripped my body tightly in his arms and started walking out of the room even before I could thank Maxwell. I looked at his face. 

He looked all calm but a storm was about to come. 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 79
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 117

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.