Chapter 64

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Fuck"

My eyes stayed fixed on them. She kept hugging him tightly. I couldn't see her face because it was covered by the curtains of her long raven hair. I bit my lower lip, and my eyes narrowed. Not only was she hugging him, but the head chef was also hugging her too. I felt a burning sensation in my heart. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, they parted ways. My heart leapt when I saw the head chef smiling, and not just a simple smile but a huge ear-to-ear smile. 

"When did you come back?" he asked with a surprise, yet at the same time a delightful look on his face. He had cupped her face, hiding it even more. I just wanted to see her face, but it was becoming more difficult with each passing second. 

"I came straight here from the airport," she said. I heard her deep yet sweet and cheerful voice. 

"Who is she?" I asked in a firm tone while folding my hands on my chest, getting fed up with this building suspense. My eyes were still fixed on the lovely couple in front of me. 

"An old friend," Grace said while exhaling deeply and going back to playing with her food. She has been doing it the entire time. Something was bothering her. 

"Just an old friend, but it doesn't look like" Sophia snatched the words out of my mouth, saying them out loud. 

"High school girlfriend, more precisely," Isabella said, making my alarmed eyes turn in her direction. 

"But it's all in the past now that he is married to you. You are the wife, and she is an old flame," Isabella completed her sentence, showing my importance in his life. It felt like she had read my thoughts. 

"Are they this friendly now too?" I asked, averting my eyes from her and looking at them again, who were talking like two lost lovers. I had a suspicious look in my eyes. 

"Yes," Grace said with a faint smile on her face. 

"They both were so good with each other it was a surprise when they broke up, but their relationship stayed like that over years even after the breakup." Grace enlightened me further. I kept looking at them. He seemed happy with her as they were talking about something very fondly. 

"We always thought that they would end up together because he never dated anyone after her, but five years ago she moved to London to pursue her dreams," Isabella told me the whole story. I bit my lower lip, thinking about everything. Things started to jumble in my brain as it started to make different scenarios about how he would end up with her again now that she was back. I still remember what he told me when he brought me back from my hometown. He told me he will keep me with him until he wants to discard me for good. Was it about time for him to take his revenge on me for deceiving him? Slowly, all the voices around me started to fade away as I got lost in my thoughts. 

"Are you ok?" I felt someone squeezing my hand, and that made me come out of my daze. The world around me came to life again as I started to hear hustle and bustle going on in the hotel. I found Sophia looking at me with concern. She squeezed my hand again and asked me the same question with her eyes. I bit my lower lip and nodded my head. No, it's all in my thoughts. Nothing of the sort is going to happen to me. I know he likes me. I was busy brushing those unwanted thoughts from my mind when my eyes fell on the woman standing beside my husband. My heart sank again. She is so beautiful with her almond-shaped eyes, straight but small nose, a diamond piercing, and full lips on a diamond-shaped face. Not only that, she had a very big smile adorning her lips as she looked from me to Sophia in a little confusion. When did they walk to our table? 

"Hey, guys, it's been so long. How are you both?" She asked cheerfully, looking at Isabella and Grace. 

"Good," both of them mumble with a smile on their faces. 

"Avery, meet my wife—" he was about to introduce me, but she stopped him before he could complete his sentence. 

"Stop, let me guess who your wife is," she said in her careful voice while moving her eyes from me to Sophia. 

"She is going to hate me if I guess it wrong. Why did I put myself in such a big dilemma?" she said while biting her lower lip in nervousness. It made the head chef chuckle at her. His amused grey eyes moved from her to me. He stood there with both hands folded on his chest. Her eyes moved from mine to Sophia's, who was doing her best not to get it wrong. 

"Sage," she said, pointing her finger towards me, still biting her lower lip nervously. Her eyes stayed fixed on me as I still did not respond to her. 

"Nope, she is Sage," I said, pointing towards Sophia. I felt like teasing her, and she looked so nervous and cute at the same time. Her eyes widened when I said that. She looked at Sophia as a whole, smiling faintly at her. 

"Shoot, she is going to hate me now. I'm so bad at this, I don't know why I pulled it over myself," she breathed out with an apologetic look on her face. She speaks her thoughts out loud. 

"Old habits die hard." The head chef taunted her with his amused eyes still on me. He was playing alone. 

"Please don't hate me," she said with an anxious face and a pout on her lips. 

"I had asked him for your picture, but this devil he didn't send me because I couldn't come to your wedding," she said apologetically, looking at Sophia, who smiled awkwardly at her. She glared at the head chef, accusing him with her light blue eyes.

So they still talk to each other now, too. There was no doubt that they were still in touch with each other. 

"It's your fault because of you now she is mad at you," he said, accusing her even more with a playful smile on his face. She gasped in disbelief. 

"It's all because of you." If you had sent me her picture, she would have beaten playful on his arm, and he would have faked winced as she beat him. 

"That hurts," he said with the same look on his face. I have never seen the head chef be so playful with women. They started arguing. I couldn't take their banter anymore; it was messing with my head. I exhaled loudly. 

"You are right; I'm his wife." 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 165.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.