Chapter 25

***Sorry to make you wait***
!!!Follow me!!!

He was looking at me as if he was looking at the most disgusting thing in his life. 

This thought and the look on his face kept running through my mind. I just kept running until I was out of his building. My steps only halted when I found myself standing in front of the busy street just a  little away from his place. Tears were ready to spill out of my eyes but I controlled not letting them out. My vision blurred and my eyes started to sting due to the hurt which was trying to spill out of the corner of my eyes. A shaky breath left my mouth as the look of his face again flashed in front of my eyes. Another shaky breath left my mouth as I felt a warm tear slipping out of my left eye. I immediately wiped it with the back of my hand as my breath jagged, even more, feeling the big lump forming in the base of my throat. It was making breathing hard for me. I didn't want to leave any trace of my tears on my cheeks so I again wiped it with the back of my hand. I didn't want to give him the power of making me cry. I have never given it to anyone and he was the last person who would have that power over me. 

All the bad things he has said to me until now came rushing to my mind. Sage, calm yourself and stop thinking about what he thinks or does. It's none of your lookouts so stop wasting your time and breathe on him. He doesn't deserve it. You have only one aim and that's to work here to support your family so you can get your restaurant back. My inner voice said in her firm voice trying to boost up my falling morale. I stood there like that trying to calm myself down. When I felt myself getting a little calm, I walked to the nearby subway with my head held low to get a train back to my place. Reaching there I walked to the public bathroom to wash my face. I didn't bother to go into the men's washroom. 

"Excuse me, this is a women's washroom," an old woman said as she saw me enter. "I'm a woman," I said using my normal voice. She looked at me from top to bottom as if double-checking me. I gave a forced tight smile to her. 

"Youngsters these days can't even differentiate if it's girl or boy anymore," she said in her grim voice and walked out by passing beside me. She said those words loud enough for me to hear. I just ignored her and walked towards the sinks. When I saw my reflection in the mirror I was not looking any less than a person who had a chaotic night. 

My hair was messed up as if someone had moved their hand so many times to tame the wild curls and my face was flushing red because of the tears I tried to swallow. My nose is red as if I have a bad cold. I sighed heavily while looking at my wild reflection while opening the tap. I splashed some cold water on my face to lower the temperature of my burning embarrassing face. After I was done washing my face I moved my hands inside my shirt and loosened my chest band a little bit which was tightly clinging to my chest. It was the longest time I wore it and my chest was starting to ache because of it. 

As I loosen it my chest expanded feeling the pain more because of the constant wrapping of the band. I rest both of my hands on either side of the sink while still looking at my wet face. I closed my eyes tightly and took a deep breath to let go of all the misery and pain which I was feeling in my chest. When I felt a little calm I walked out of the bathroom and took a subway home. Throughout the ride, I was lost in my world even when I reached my destination. I walked home still lost in my world. I opened the door and entered my apartment when I saw Mint playing in the living room. As soon as he saw me he came running to me and started wiggling his tail as he was happy to see me. He was the only one who liked me here in New York after Sophia. I bent down and held him in my arms. He started to lick my face, making me smile.