Chapter 5

***Follow me guys and vote for chapter***

"What the hell this gray eye monster is doing here" I whispered under my breath in my shaky voice. 

What is he doing on stage with all the members of the judging council? 

My heart started beating even faster like it would abandon my chest and run away on its own leaving me behind to face that gray eye demon. I immediately lowered my head as his narrowed eyes tried to figure out the familiarity. I felt his heated curious eyes on me trying to figure out if he had seen me. I lowered my head more, still looking at him from the corner of my eyes he too tilted his head a little to see my face clearly. 

Why the hell they assigned me the kitchen counter in the first row. Because you are small as a squirrel in front of all this giraffe. Why God why didn't you bless me with little height why I have to be freaking small as chipmunks. 

Cold sweat was forming on my forehead as my heart was beating fast. I lifted my hand and tried to wipe it to not let him see my face. If it was possible I would have slid down like a snake to hide behind the counter from his harpy's gray eyes. The only thing stopping me now is my capability of not turning into a snake. 

Why can't I turn into a snake?

 I bit my lower lip as I can't do anything as I was standing in the first row. I was complaining to God under my breath with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes and looked at the contender standing beside me. He was looking at me with his suspicious eyes as if I was some freak.  

Why is he looking at me like that? Did he too recognize that I'm a woman dressed as a man? But I have never met him before so why the hell is he looking at me like that. If you don't want him to look at you like that then stop acting weird you stupid. Stop acting like your chanting some curse under your breath with your eyes close to making everyone lose in this event. 

My inner voice mocked at me. Yes, she is right. I'm making him look at me like I'm some kind of witch. I cleared my throat and stood erect. He was still looking at me with the same look in his eyes. I looked at him with a poker face while raising my eyebrows to ask him what. He moved his head in denial and instantly looked in front. I smirked at my small victory. My poker face still works. I used to use it a lot with boys in my University who used to stare at my face more than needed. 

I was now standing erect but still with my head held lower as I didn't want to have direct eye contact with his harpy gray eyes again. I don't know what he will do once he finds out I was the same person who spilled strawberry juice on his expensive clothes. I even kept money in his breast pocket to mock him. I bit my lower lip in resentment. In my life it's the first time, I was regretting my action. I need to make a full-proof plan to get out of here. What if I faint then they let me go. Then who the hell will compete in the competition remember you need this chance. What if I hid my face with the help of a pan then he won't be able to recognize me. 

Wow, I have never heard of an absurd plan like this before. 

My inner voice mocked at me again. I have to think about something else. I was still thinking of a way of getting away without getting caught but it looked impossible to me. As I was immersed in my running away thoughts my attention was caught by a strong voice which made me look up at the person. 

"All the contestants listen to all the rules properly. They won't be repeated again as at Villins we prioritize discipline" said a man who looked like a chef. He was tall with a strict look on his face. It looked like he didn't accept any kind of mistakes from the people working for him. 

Is he Xanthus Villin? I didn't pay attention when he was telling me his name. 

"As it's a talent hunt competition you are free to choose whichever dish you feel like presenting. I want you guys to remember that this competition is no joke if you think you can win by making anything then I advise you to leave this room now. Remember you are competing in this competition not only for prize money but also for the place of the intern of Villins personal staff. Even students from elite colleges can't get into that position. Villins host this composition in search of pure talent so don't take it lightly" he said in his strong voice making everyone nod their head in yes.