Chapter 18

****Follow me and vote for the chapter***

Tonight you have to compensate me for today.

"What happened," Isabella asked me, making me look at her. I locked my mobile and kept it away. 

"N-nothing," I said with a nervous smile on my face. 

"Then why does it look like something is bothering you," she asked in concern while looking at me with furrowed eyes. 

"You can tell me. Is your ankle still hurting" she asked in the same tone. 

"Y-yes it is" I lied partially. My ankle was hurting but not that much. 

"I'm going to take my medicine and rest," I said before she could ask me something else. 

"Ok, take a rest," she said and asked the maid to take away the warm water. She was going to sleep with me because that's what grandma instructed her after knowing that the head chef was staying there. She even warned him not to do anything funny. I took my medicine and went to bed. Isabella was reading a medicine book when I wished her goodnight. I tried to sleep but again his message kept on repeating in my head. What compensation does he want from me and for what? Is it because his grandma pulled his ear because I didn't open my mouth sooner? 

Forget it, I don't want to think about it. I won't give him any compensation. I brushed that thought away and tried to sleep. After a few times, the medicine started to show its effect on me and I felt drowsy. Exhaustion of the whole day took over me. I slipped into a deep sleep. In the middle of the night, I felt my fingers brushing my cheeks. It tickled me a bit making a small smile form on the corner of my lip. Those fingers didn't stop there, instead, they moved towards my lip and glided over them very slowly. Why are these fingers disturbing me? A protesting groan left my mouth. I turned my face to another side. But those fingers didn't stop teasing me. It made me open my heavy eyes. I found grey eyes looking down at me. I moved a little away from him in shock. 

"W--what are you doing here," I asked in distress while looking at him with wide-open eyes. Sleep ran away from my eyes, finding him in my bedroom. I looked beside me. Isabella was still sleeping. Thank God. I sighed in relief. I should get him out of the room before she wakes up. I moved my eyes back to him. He should be sleeping in his room. What is he doing here? 

"What are you doing here?" I asked again in a hushed tone while lifting my body on my elbow to have a better look at him. 

"I'm here for my compensation," he said as a small smirk played on his lips. My heart started to beat fast when he said those words. 

"Get out of here before she wakes up" I whispered yelling while looking back at his sleeping sister. 

"Not before you compensate me properly," he said stubbornly while moving his hand to his ear, making me remember what happened today. He brought his face to my level. My heart started to beat in sweet fear. I don't know what exactly he wants in compensation. Does he want to pull my ear too? But I know he won't settle only for it. 

"W-what do you want," I asked looking at the smirk which kept playing on the corner of his lips. 

"You," he said, looking straight into my eyes without even thinking twice. My heart started to pump fast. What happened to him? I thought while looking at him with wide eyes. I know now what exactly he wants from me. But since the day he came to know about my disguise he has been acting like it burns his skin if touches me. 

"Me!" I scoffed 

"Don't forget I'm your wife in name only" I taunted him while narrowing my eyes at him. His smirk deepened when he heard my words. He gripped my chin with his forefinger and thumb and made me look at him. Our faces were just an inch away from each other. My breath quickened when he did that. 

"Don't give so much importance to yourself. Even if you are my wife in the namesake you have to perform all your wife's duties. I'm going to perform my conjugal rights every night" he said, making his grey orbs glint in need as he glided his thumb over my lower lip. 

"Don't expect me to let you sleep at night once we start living together. I will make you remember every day and night that you are a woman. So you won't even dare to disguise yourself as a man even in your nightmares" He said with an evil smirk I'm his face making my face turn red. His words held a promise which made my body shiver in sweet fear. He said those words so shamelessly. I bit my lower lip in distress. I didn't know how to answer him. My face was so red after listening to his words. 

"Go away," I said while trying to push him away but he was not ready to let me go. As if I will let him do whatever he wants to me. 

"No! come with me" he denied stubbornly and again moved his face towards me smugly.  We are now pushing and pulling each other when suddenly his hand collides with a lamp and it falls with a thud. A gasp left my mouth when a shrilling sound echoed in a silent room. Now the room was fully dark. 

"What happened? '' We both heard Isabella's sleepy voice. 

"Shit," he said those words and ducked down to lie on the floor when he saw her sitting up. I laid down in bed acting to be in deep sleep. 

"Who's there," she said again and this time I fake woke up. 

"What happened," I asked in my sleepy voice as I signalled to him with my hand to go away before she could switch on the light. 

"Sage, did you hear the noise? I think someone is here" she said and turned around to switch on the light but I stopped her. 

"What sound? I didn't hear anything" I tried to buy some time for him to escape. I don't know why I was helping to escape him. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him crawling towards the door. 

"No, I'm sure I heard the voice. What if a thief has broken into our house? I need to, alert everyone" she said horrifyingly. Before I could stop her she turned around and switched on the light and pressed some button which was like an alarm. She got out of bed to walk out but she stopped dead in her tracks. I heard fast steps coming towards our room.

"Brother what are you doing here on the floor," she said in shock. I closed my eyes when I heard the sound of the door opening. 

Shit, he got caught. 
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 83
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 121

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.