Chapter 100

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Pitch black. 

The dizziness I have been feeling since morning finally took over. I have been trying my best to not give in to that feeling, but when I saw Xanthus like this, my whole body shook. All my senses stopped working, and the only thing I could feel was my heartbeat slowing and my breath becoming shallow. I was pushed into a deep abyss of darkness. I don't know what happened after that. Suddenly, I felt blood rushing to all my veins when something cold sprinkled on my face.

Sage," I could hear a distant voice calling me.

"Sage, wake up." I again hear that voice, which now sounds like it is coming towards me.

Love, stop scaring me." That voice now sounded familiar to me. Someone was trying to wake me up. Pull me out of the deep darkness. I again felt those cold droplets on my face, and it made me open my eyes. My heart started to beat fast again, and my breath became deep. My vision was blurry for a few seconds, but when it cleared, I found Xanthus in front of me. His face was full of distress. He had cupped my face, asking me to look at him.

"Talk to me. Tell me you are fine," he said in his frightened voice. My throat was tight and dry. I tried to talk, but nothing came out of my mouth. I just kept looking at him.

God, why are you scaring me like this?" he said, and I could see helpless tears starting to appear in his grey eyes. It hurt me to see him like this. He was already hurt.

"W-water." I did my best and whispered in my ragged voice. He immediately nodded his head, and his body became even more alert. I found him pressing a glass to my lower lips. I started to gulp the cold water like a parched woman.

"Drink slow, love," he said while helping me sit up while I drank water. I didn't let go of the glass until it was empty. Once I was done, he kept the glass away, and the next thing I knew, I was engulfed in a tight hug.

"Never do that again," he whispered in a still, fearful voice. I knew I had scared him with my sudden backout.

"Hmm," I said, because my throat became tight once again. I wrapped my arms around him.

Come, let's go to the hospital," he said as soon as he broke the hug.

"I'm fine now," I said while taking hold of his hand when he was about to get up.

"No, you are not. You just now had a sudden blackout, and if it happens again, I don't think I will be able to take it," he said in his firm tone, not ready to listen to me. I moved towards him and hugged him before he could stand up again.

"But I'm good now. I think it happened because of stress after hearing about your sudden accident, and I have not been feeling my best since this morning. I think it will be good once I have a proper good night's sleep," I said softly while burying my face in his warm chest.

"But we should still check it," he said while wrapping his arms around me and resting his chin on my head. Embracing me in his warm embrace.

"If I still don't feel good until tomorrow, then we will go to the doctor, okay?" I said softly to relieve his stress.

"Promise?" he asked because he knows how much I hate hospitals. I don't like to go to the hospital just because I'm dizzy. I took a deep breath, inhaling his scent. It relaxed my stressed nerves.

"Promise," I said, and that's when he let go of that topic. He took a deep breath of relief and kissed my head.

"Now will you tell me how you got into an accident?" I asked while raising my face slightly from his chest to look at him. He excelled deeply before answering me.

"When I was on my way, I saw beautiful flowers in the flower shop," he said, and I kept looking at him, asking him to continue.

"I parked my car and got out to take them. I bought them and had just kept them on the seat when suddenly a little girl ran towards the road chasing a puppy, and then my body acted on its own. I ran towards them, got both of them, and jumped onto the footpath before that truck could harm us. But in the process, I hurt my head," he explained, and my eyes widened in fear. My hands had already gone tight on him when he said truck. He did a good deed by saving them, but my brain couldn't stop making up the bad scenario in my head.

"What if something had happened to you? What would I have done then?" I sobbed, and fat tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I would have d—" I sobbed loudly but he didn't let me complete my sentence. 

"Stop crying; you are already feeling weak. If you keep crying, it will make your health worse. Don't stress yourself over things that didn't happen. I'm all good alive and in front of you," he said while pressing his lips to my forehead. His hands moved on my back to soothe me. I nodded my head. I whipped my tears and snot onto his shirt. He chuckled when I did that, not letting me go out of his embrace. After that, he gave me the flowers, which were lying on the floor. He dropped them when I had a blackout. They were so pretty; I loved them. We had our dinner. Even though I had made dinner, Xanthus made some vegetable soup for me to regain my strength. He told me his grandma always made this soup whenever they got sick. I had crinkled my nose looking at the soup, but I had no choice but to eat it. I'm not a picky eater, but I didn't feel like eating them. I had somehow finished the soup. Once we were done, he didn't let me do any work. I kept watching him until he was done. Even though my legs were fine. Xanthus carried me to our bedroom. The entire night, I had slept hugging him tightly.

I thanked God for keeping him safe.

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 35.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.