Chapter 37

***Sorry for the late update follow me guys***

Why does my heart pump so fast for him?

I stayed like that until I felt my heart getting back normal to its running pace. I still kept looking into space as I thought about my condition. Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it as I don't know exactly what's happening with me anymore. I don't know what he is trying to do to me. I made everything clear that it was inappropriate of him to behave like that with me just because I work for him. 

Didn't he get my message that I don't want him to mess with me? 

Even though he didn't touch me like yesterday but still, he again tried to come near me even after I warned him. Why is he acting like shared this with me? God, I can't even get hold of anything. Is this some new kind of way of his to torture me? Is he not happy with the way he is torturing me from the day I started to work for him? Can't he let go of his grudges? I can't even think of any other excuse for his behavior. For God's sake, he is engaged can't he stop invading my personal space. He doesn't go this near to William, James, Logan, or chef Oliver. 

Then why is he hell-bent on giving me all kinds of bad mixed signals? 

"God, help me" I pleaded to God as I moved my hands in my hair to grab it in frustration while looking up to let God know my location. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm my nerves. When I felt a little better I decided to go back as it has been some time that I have run away from my work. I need to get back to it before someone comes to find me. Throughout the day I made sure to be away for him and he didn't summon me. As if God was answering my prayers. I said thanks to God each second and prayed that he helps me for the rest of my remaining months like this too. This was the only God part of my day. 

The next day my whole day was full busy with Logan constantly trying to make things difficult for me. He made fun of me saying that I couldn't enter the kitchen and he could when he was an intern. He rubbed it on my face every chance he got. He even concluded that because of it he is the best match for Sophia and I'm just a loser. In answer, I just rolled my eyes at him. He was getting on my nerves with his childish play. God his childish play now I know why Sophia avoided him. He was constantly making efforts to defeat me. Like this, my days passed with very little interaction with the grey eye monster. I made sure to keep my distance from him. I only know how I managed to do it until now. Tomorrow was Sunday, the day I and Sophia with James and his girlfriend were going to have a double date. I have talked about it with Sophia and like me, she was excited too because we were going to have lots of fun. A smile graced my lips as I got excited thinking about tomorrow. 

"What is making you smile like that?" James questioned me as I was preparing the list of all the ingredients that needed to be refilled in the pantry. It made me look up and I found five pairs of eyes looking at me. We all were seated in the meeting room as it was break time for all of us. I moved my eyes to everyone in the process avoiding one pair of eyes. He had his dark gaze fixed on me, boring holes in my face as he waited to hear my reply. 

"Oh it's nothing," I said while laughing nervously as I saw they were still waiting for my reply and I haven't said a word yet. 

"Come on tell us, do you have some joke to share with us," William said while looking at me with an eager smile to know what I was thinking. 

"Yes, come on tell us I need to laugh a bit," chef Oliver said. Stress was visible on his face as the restaurant is being busy nowadays more than ever-increasing all our workload. 

"There's nothing, it was just a random thought as I was thinking about tomorrow's holiday," I said sheepishly and it made chef Oliver's face dim a bit.