Chapter 41

***Follow me and vote. It takes lots of effort to write a story and come up with interesting things so please support me at least by following me here. Your support means a lot to me***

"You were at a strip club" 

I kept staring at the message with my surprised wide eyes. How did he know I was at a strip club with girls for my bachelorette? I bit my lower lip thinking about how I should reply to him. My fingers went to the typing pad and then went back. My fingers did thru and fro motion a few times. I didn't know how I should reply to him. Fifty missed calls and uncountable messages indeed showed he was mad at me. And on top of that, I had not picked up or replied to his messages and calls. I could sense big trouble was on its way. A big lump formed in the base of my throat. A sigh left my mouth. I couldn't type any message so I took my thumb back. I was still staring at the message thinking about what I should do. 

"Sage are you ready let's go everyone is down" I heard Isabella calling me from outside the door. I exhaled loudly while opening my mouth. 

"Coming," I said while putting away my cell phone. I got out of my room. I saw Isabella walking towards the end of the corrode when she suddenly disappeared when I looked down to straighten my dress. My eyes furrowed when I didn't see her anymore. I was following her when she disappeared in the blink of a second. I looked around to find no one. My brows furrowed even more in confusion. I walked towards the end only to find a muffled voice of Isabella coming from behind the door. 

"Let me go" I heard Isabella saying in her mad voice. Is she in trouble? I was about to open the door when my hands froze. 

"Where were you last night?" I heard a dominating voice and it made my eyes wide in surprise. I never heard a soft-spoken Doctor Daniel speaking so dominating. 

"It's none of your business," Isabella said fiercely. 

"It is my fucking business my right to know where my—" he said in the same dominance but Isabella didn't let him complete. He was always the calmest and most composed person I ever met. He is a man of only a few words. 

"No, you don't" I heard her forbidding him cynically and it made the lines appearing on my forehead deepen in more confusion. What are they talking about and why was doctor Daniel talking like this to his best friend's baby sister? I was curious but I realised that I was eavesdropping on their conversation. I moved away from there as soon as I realised it. I decided to walk away not wanting to hear anything else even though I was curious. The only thing I can do is wait for her to come down. I was still shocked by Doctor Daniel's behaviour. I was lost in my thoughts and walking where everyone was waiting for rehearsal dinner I heard again a mad voice. Coming from a distance. I stopped walking. 

"Who the hell gave you permission to go to that place?" Erick asked in his mad voice. 

"I don't need anyone's permission, especially not yours," she said in the same tone as his. 

"Even if you are going to be my wife in name only. I have all the rights to you, don't you dare forget it" Erick's commanding voice boomed from the dark corner of the living room. 

"No, you don't. For me, It's only a business deal that you and my father made and nothing else" Grace retorts fiercely matching the tone of Ericks.