Chapter 91

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

I was already scared, and now he was confusing me even more.

"Why do I feel like both of you are talking about me?" I heard my husband's raspy voice. It made me move my head in his direction. He stood in front of us from behind the counter.

"About you. No, not," I said nervously, and from the corner of my eyes, I saw Elijah slapping his forehead and moving his head in disbelief.

"I will head back to talking orders," Elijah said like a cool guy and walked away. Why did he leave me alone?

"We were not—" I didn't get to complete my sentence because he leaned forward from behind the counter and pressed his full lips to mine. My eyes widened because he caught me off guard by kissing me in front of everyone. He silenced me completely. His lips moved slowly on mine, as if he were savouring this moment. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I love it when he surprises me with a kiss. After a few minutes, he moved his face backward. He smiled charmingly at me. My heart almost skipped a beat.

"I miss you," he said while tugging my stray hair behind my ear.

"I was gone for only a few hours," I said while biting on my lower lip.

"Those few hours felt like days to me," he again said in a yearning tone. A smile formed on my lips. He was being cheesy, but I was still liking it. Maybe this is love when cheesy, cringe-worthy things start to feel nice to your ears and heart.

"Show me which dress you got for your reunion, or better yet, you can wear it and show me tonight. I will strip you of it. I will reward you if you do," he said with glinting eyes. That charming smile was still plastered on his face.

"Wait a minute, now I know," I said, getting his intentions. He wants to see which dress I got, and if I wear it tonight, he will make sure to tear it from my body if he doesn't like it. He wanted to lurk around me with his sweet words. I cupped his face and looked straight into his eyes.

"No, I'm not wearing it today. I will make sure to send you pictures when I wear it," I said with a smirk on my face. I was about to fall into his trap.

"Come on," he said, trying to act calm. He was about to pursue me again when my mother called us for lunch. He sighs, but his eyes say this conversation is not over. We had our lunch together over small talk. That day went by, and at night I was so exhausted that I slept as soon as I touched the mattress. He again tried to make me show him my dress, but I didn't.

The next day was Saturday, and it went by with me helping dad. We are going to have our restaurant opening and my dad's birthday celebration soon. So the remaining work at the restaurant has to be done quickly. So mom and dad decided to close the restaurant for a few days so interior work could be done without any disturbance. In the meantime, mom and dad will take a rest for a few days. So I gave them a spa-relaxing two-day trip. They can relax there for a day and get all the spa treatments and massages they want. They need it. Soon Sunday rolled up, and now I was getting ready at Sophia's place because she was going to do my makeup and all. I will go to the reunion directly from here. I felt strange when the head chef didn't protest about it or question me about it.

"Sage, let's start with makeup," Sophia said, pulling me out of my daze.

"Yes, right, let's start it," I said with a faint smile on my face. I took my seat, and she started doing her magic.

"Where is Logan?" I asked while looking through the mirror.

"He said he was going somewhere with Xanthus." She shrugged while looking at me. They must have some work to do. I shrugged it off and decided to focus on my high school reunion. I was so excited about it. One thing about Sophia is that she knows what kind of makeup I like. She never cakes my face and keeps it minimal, and I love it. She finishes my makeup with a deep maroon lipstick. I changed into my dress, and until then, she did her makeup. The dress fitted me very nicely, and maroon lipstick complimented my bottle green dress.

"You look fab," Sophia said while I was checking myself out. She was now completely dressed.

"So do you," I said with a big smile on my face, winking at her.

"Jaws are going to drop once we reach the club," Sophia said while winking back at me.

"Then we have to reach on time first. Let's go; it's almost time," I said while grabbing my bag. Sophia followed me. We had booked a car for the club. We reached the club in half an hour. The club looked lively, with loud music and people dancing in the middle. My body has started to feel the vibrations and swing with the beats of the music. I saw a few familiar faces in the crowd, and when they noticed us, they came to us. I met with all of my classmates except one.

"Where is Adian? I can't find him!" I shouted so Sophia could hear my voice in the loud music.

"I can't see him either." Sophia spoke loudly so I could hear. I moved my eyes in a crowd when my eyes caught a familiar figure that had changed. He looked like a man now, with his broad shoulders and neatly cut hair. He smiled as soon as his eyes fell on us.

"Look who is here," he said mischievously while opening his arms wide. I grin, looking at him. I was about to hug him when there was a sudden announcement. The music had stopped for a second, and everyone went silent.

"Guys, the new owner of this club is here, so drinks are on house," the DJ announced, and the crowd roared in joy.

"Good, we don't need to spend our money on drinks," Sophia cheered. I was about to go back to talking when the DJ continued.

"Let me introduce him," he said, and the music was played. He must be a rich guy. I don't care; let me enjoy my reunion. But when he announced his name, I stopped dead in my tracks. "Xanthus Villain!" 

He fucking bought the club.

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 177.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 30.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.