Chapter 11

***Follow me and vote for chapter***

Sage be ready to get homeless at midnight.  

I looked at him with fearful eyes as he was glaring at me. I had no answer to his question. I knew he wouldn't listen to my pleas and kick me out of the house with Mint. I was getting buried in my worries and Mint on the other hand was still wiggling his tail in happiness as he was happy after meeting Erick. He kept sniffing him and dancing in excitement. 

I feel bad for him. He is so innocent that he can't even see what is waiting for us in the next few minutes. Erick's anger didn't faze him a bit. He barked him in happiness as he barked at me when I came back from work. He was asking Eric to lift him in his hands but Eric ignored him and kept looking at me with the same mad look in his eyes. I smiled faintly looking at the happy Mint. 

He is such a happy soul why can't I be like that. 

"I asked you something. From when are you hiding him here and fooling me," he asked in his mad voice, making me look at him while wiping all the traces of a smile on my face. 

"I--I" tried to say something and explain to him but nothing came out of my mouth. I was unable to swallow the thick lump formed in the base of my throat. He kept looking at me with the same angry eyes waiting for my reply. 

"Didn't I clear to you on your first day that you have to follow my rules to stay in my place? But it seems like you don't care about them" he said in his angry voice as he started walking in my direction. 

Why God why from all days you have to choose this day to get my secret out. He already seemed pissed today and now he is mad beyond the limit. I know he doesn't like it when someone doesn't follow his rules and it was the main reason why Sophia left this place. He came and stood in front of me making me take a step back. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Mints' small frame running all over the place he was jumping and exploring the place like a kid who was in an amusement park for the first time in his life. 

"I'm sorry. He didn't have any place and it was raining so bad he could have died if I had left him in the park," I said in a small voice, not meeting his cold blue eyes. 

"And when were you going to tell me you have a dog in the house or do you have any other animal hiding in your bedroom zoo," he asked in his firm mocking voice while looking straight into my eyes. 

"No--no I don't have any animals in my bedroom you can check it yourself," I said trying to convince him while moving my hands in no gesture, listening to my words he looked at me with narrowed eyes. 

"I--I wanted to tell you about him but I was waiting for the right time. Please don't kick us out of the house" I said in my pleading voice while this time I looked in his eyes to show him I was talking the truth. I was going to tell him the truth but I was afraid of this kind of reaction from him so I kept delaying it. Listening to my voice he pinched his nose bridge for a few seconds while mumbling something under his breath. I just kept looking at him with pleading eyes. 

"I give you two choices. First, go and leave him out. Second, get out with him," he said in his firm voice while looking straight into my eyes. His words made me gasp in horror. 

"I can't leave him out, he's too small to survive on his own," I said in my disbelief voice. 

How can he even give me such a choice? 

"So it's decided you made it simple. Get out with him," he said with a clenched jaw harshly and it made me gasp again at his decision. How can he kick us out in the middle of the night? But If Mint can't stay here then I will get out with him. I don't know why I felt hurt as he said those words. I took a deep breath to compose myself.