Chapter 75

***Follow me and vote for a chapter***

"She deceived me" 

I locked the door and walked inside as those words kept repeating in my head. She was to drive me from starting and she was successful in doing it. I walked towards the refrigerator with weak legs as I felt suffocated and cheated. I opened it and pulled out a cold bottle of water. I ranked it to make all the bitterness in my mouth and fire in my heart stop burning but it didn't. I felt like a heavyweight was put on my head as the pain started to develop in my forehead. I emptied the cold water bottle on my head, making the cold water slip into my hair still standing in front of an open refrigerator. I thought it would cool me down but nothing was affecting me. I threw the empty bottle back in the refrigerator and closed the door. I walked to my bedroom with still weak steps. I slumped down on my bed not caring to change my wet clothes. I kept staring into space because whenever I close my eyes I see her crying face in front of me. 

Her vibrant brown teary eyes made the pain I feel inside increase even more. I don't know how long I kept staring into space. Nothing floated in my head, everything was blank because I didn't know what I would do next and it was a worse situation because here is where I don't know the beginning and end of my limits. I don't know when my eyes became tired and closed. The next day I woke up I still felt the pain in my forehead and my head was heavy as if tons of weight was kept on it. I didn't feel like going anywhere. I felt drained out of energy and emotions too. It was my first time showing my feelings to someone but I had such bad luck that I chose to show it to the wrong person. 

Who didn't care about me or my feelings? 

I closed my eyes again and tried to sleep. I kept on twisting and turning in bed not getting a wink of peaceful sleep. I was forcing myself to sleep but no it was not working. Everyone was slowly turning their back to me. I sat up with a groan as I felt a sudden rush in my head. I stayed seated like that for some time clenching my head with both my hands which closed my eyes. I stood up only when I felt the spinning in my head stop. I walked into the bathroom and took a shower. I had no plans to go to work where I had to see her face. I just didn't want to look at her anymore. When I walked out of the bathroom I directly went to my nightstand to do the thing I should have done a long time ago. I picked up my cell phone and called Oliver. 

"Hello head chef, how are you? Are doing fine, why didn't you pick me" he bombarded me with his question in his worried voice. I just listen to those words in utter silence. 

"Hello head chef are you still there," Oliver asked again in his worried voice. I exhaled the breath out of my mouth as I was in no mood to talk with anyone. 

"I'm good. Fire Sage and settle her account" I said in my firm voice making him stop talking completely. I cut the call without waiting for his reply. I should have fired her the very first-day things would have not escalated this much then. I threw my phone back on my nightstand. I should feel well relieved after firing her but no such emotions came to my heart instead I started to feel the anxiety building up in the centre of my chest. I shouldn't feel this feeling now. I should be happy that I fired her. I did what anyone would do. But still, the unsettled feeling stayed firm in the centre of my chest. If I think more about it this feeling will keep on increasing so I decided to brush it off. I walked to the kitchen to fix myself some breakfast but when I saw the kitchen counter I remembered how she was sitting on it caged in between both my arms when I confessed my feelings for her. I kissed her with all my feelings in it. I tried to show how crazy I was about her but everything was just a planned game for her. I didn't feel like eating anything my appetite died. I walked and slumped on the couch again I remembered kissing her over there. She had been to my place with me only a few times but now this place makes me remember her more than I. As if she is everywhere.