Chapter 56

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

I knew this day would come, so I'm just doing my best to get ready for it. 

After I was done packing, I went back to the kitchen to reheat the food. He should be home anytime now.  I placed the food on the dining table after reheating it and went to the living room to wait for him. I decided to watch TV until he comes back. I kept changing channels for an hour while looking at the clock now and then. A yawn escaped my lips after more than half an hour had passed. I was hungry, tired, and sleepy. Why is he still not home? I checked my cell phone to see if he had messaged me and saw that I had just received a message notification. He just sent me a message asking me to eat my dinner because he will be late. I hate eating alone, so I just ate a few bits and decided to sleep on a half-empty stomach. 

I lay down in my bed, and another yawn escaped my mouth. My eyes watered as I tried to shuffle the yawn. I wanted to sleep, but I couldn't. I pulled the blanket closer to me to be more comfortable, but I still couldn't sleep. I don't know how many hours I had to struggle to fall asleep. Even though my eyes were closed, my subconscious mind was awake, not giving full rest to my mind. In my sleep, I felt like I was being pulled into warm arms. Even in my sleep, I recognized the touch. I leaned into his touch and took a deep breath of his alluring scent. Somehow it shut off my subconscious mind, pushing me into a deep slumber. I don't know how long I slept, but my slumber broke when my stomach growled. I tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't stop. I was starving, and it wouldn't let me sleep. I half opened my eyes and found myself in his arms.  I tried to move, but his hold went tight on me. 

"Head chef," I called out his name sleepily, with my eyes still closed. 

"Hmm," he hummed drowsily while pulling me closer to him and taking a deep breath. 

"I'm hungry," I mumbled wearily with my eyes still closed.  I did not have much strength left in me. That feeling of starvation was spreading all over my legs. I don't think I will make it to the kitchen, but I have to. I was getting ready to get up. 

"I bring some food," he said while letting me go out of his hold.  He kissed my forehead while mumbling it. He got out of bed and came after a few minutes. He made my seat, and when I tried to eat with half-open eyes, he didn't let me. He made me open my mouth, and I ate without any protest. 

"Why didn't you eat your dinner?" he asked, making me drink water when he was done feeding me. 

"I don't like eating alone," I answered once I was done drinking water. 

"Why did you come late?" I asked him when he put away the plates and I lay down on the bed. 

"I had to do some important work before we leave," he informed me, and he got out of bed to put back the plates. I just hummed and closed my eyes. 

"Sage" he called my name when he was back but I didn't respond. 

"God, this woman will be awake one minute and sleeping like a dead woman the very next moment," he mumbled while plopping beside me. My lips curled at his remark. My back was facing him, but I turned around. I moved toward him and pecked his lips. 

"Thank you," I mumbled drowsily, and then buried my face in his bare chest. I could feel his body going stiff when I did that, and now I was sleeping like a dead woman. He wrapped his hands around me.  Sleeping and eating are my two favourite things, and I love to do them anytime. 

We were leaving today for our honeymoon. My period is over but I'm not going to tell him that.  He again went back to work after getting a call from Chef Oliver. He was packing his things, and he had left them in the middle. So I did the rest of his packing for him. He had already taken out the things he needed to pack. We had a late-night flight, so I decided to wear simple jeans and a top without any makeup as if I knew how to do it. I only know how to put on my lipstick properly. Sophia has taught me one or two things by putting so much hard work into me, but I'm a bad student. I settled for lip balm and some mascara, which I applied all over my eyelids. I had to wipe it thrice.  I remembered how Sophia had taught me to cover my eyelids with tissue. On my fourth attempt, I was successful. Now I was all set. I was nervous to get on the plane again. But he will be there with me, so I was content for a bit. I waited for him in the living room while surfing on my cell phone.