Chapter 45

***Follow me and vote for chapter***

"Elijah what are you doing here" 

I said in my horrified voice to find my brother gripping my boss's hand as he glared at him. I looked from him to a grey-eyed monster whose jaw was clenched and anger was radiating from his eyes as he saw Elijah stopping him. 

"Who are you?" Grey eye monster spat angrily while looking at him with his blazing grey eyes. 

"I'm he--" before he could utter a word more out of his mouth I covered his mouth with mine as I started to drag him away from the head chef. He was not letting me go but somehow I took his hand away from me while managing to press Elijah's mouth so he couldn't open it. 

"Head chef, I need to go now. I will see you tomorrow," I said in my hurried voice before he could stop me and I hastily dragged Elijah away from him. He looked at me with confused but blazing eyes as I was dragging my brother away before he could blur out that I'm his sister. I gave him my last forced apologetic smile and I turned and pulled my brother away. 

"Let me teach hi---" Elijah protested, but his voice was muffled with my hand covering his mouth. For a second my hand slipped from his mouth so I covered it again. I only let go of his mouth when we were away from the restaurant where I work. 

"Why did you drag me here like that? I will go and teach him a lesson" he exclaimed in a setback and was about to go back to him but I stopped him by putting my hand on his arm but he tried to drag me with him so I buried my shoe heels on the floor to stop him. 

"Let me go," he said, trying to go but I didn't let him as I pushed him back with force. He has become strong in the past months. 

"Are you trying to get me fired? He is my boss?" I said in my annoyed voice which made him stop and turn to look at me with confusion after hearing my words. 

"Your boss," he said in a tone, "was he harassing you," he asked me looking straight into my eyes. There was a seriousness in his eyes. 

"No," I said with a nervous smile on my face. 

"But it looked like that," he said, not believing my words as he folded his hands on his chest. 

"He was going to give me a lift and I was about to fall and that's when he grabbed me for support" I masked it with a lie as I flashed him a smile not knowing how much he saw. He was still looking at me with narrowed eyes. 

"Do you think I will let him harass me?" I said with a faint pinched smile on my face. Only if he knows. He looked at me for a few more seconds, wondering if I would ever let someone harass me. He took a deep breath as he moved his head in no. He knew I won't let anyone harass me. 

"Tell me if he does anything I will come back from home and teach him a lesson," he said in his serious voice while gripping my shoulder with both hands while looking straight in my eye. He was dead serious. He is being so protective of me. My brother had a medium build-up body so he had very few chances of winning against the tall frame and body of the head chef but he was ready to teach him a lesson for me not caring for himself. It warms my heart. 

"Aww, my baby brother has grown up so fast," I said lovingly as I ruffled his hair. His cheeks burned red, not liking my comment.