Chapter 63

****Follow Me and Vote! from now on updates will be on Wednesdays****

"Mom" 

We both looked at her with wide eyes. She had the same stunned look on her face matching us. Her shocked eyes moved from her son to me making my face burn redder than any heated iron under fire. I slipped down from the kitchen island attempting to stand properly on my wobbling legs. I pulled my t-shirt down awkwardly till it reached my mid-tights. His mother's eyes moved from her son to mine. My heart was beating fast as we were caught red-handed in action. 

It was my first time getting kissed by someone's son and his mother caught us. That too when I'm disguised as a man it is as if my worst nightmare had come into existence. I never imagined even in my wildest dream to get caught like that. She was looking at me with her startling eyes as if to recheck what she was seeing was true. She was still so much in shock. I lowered my eyes to the floor feeling her turmoil. As my gaze fell to the floor I saw all the bags she was carrying had fallen and something like a broken vase was lying on the floor too. I kept looking at scattered pieces of the vase as no one was making any efforts to break the tension in the air. 

"I should get something to clean it," I said in my small voice breaking the tick tension in the air as I saw small pieces of vase scattered on the floor and could hurt anyone. I just wanted to run away from her, lock myself in some room and slide down the wall to take what was happening with me. I took an eager step to move but he caught my hand in a firm grip stopping me from taking a step away from him. It made me look at him with wide shocked eyes. He never held my hand in front of anyone before but today he was holding my hand in front of his mother. My heartbeat even as fast as his actions spoke he was so serious about whatever we were having in between us. A big lump formed in my throat as realisation fell on me. I was in big trouble. His mother looked at what her son was doing. 

"So this is what was going on between you two," his mother asked as she saw how her son stopped me from walking away. 

"This is why you always refused to go on blind dates that I arranged for you with girls," she asked in her mad voice as her eyes moved from him to me. She was highlighting the word girls. Her gaze made me move a little behind his big frame. The woman standing in front of me looked nothing like the sweet woman I met a few months ago. She looked mad and every word and action stated it. The head chef noticed it as I tried to hide behind him but he pulled me, making me stand beside him. 

"Mom, what are you doing here,'' he asked in his firm voice as he looked into his mother's eyes. 

"Why now do I have to make appointments to meet my son," she asked in the same tone while looking at us with her narrowed eyes. He exhaled as she said that. 

"Mom take a seat I will get something cold for your hot head," he said casually as his mother looked at us with narrowed eyes. Her gaze was making me feel worried more and more but looking at the head chef's tone gave me a certain kind of assurance. His mother lifted her hands in the air and rolled her eyes exasperatedly and walked towards the couch to take a seat. 

"Go sit," he said while gesturing towards the couch where his mother was seated. I moved my head immediately at what he asked me. 

"No please," I said pleadingly while looking at him. Just yesterday he said he has feelings for me and today I was encountering his mother. Things seemed to happen so fast for me. 

"Go sit, I'm here, she won't do anything to you. Even if she is looking mad trust me she can't even harm a fly" he said with a  smirk as he saw me moving my head in no. 

"Go," he said, still smirking as he pushed me lightly in her direction. I bit my lower lip and took steps in her direction in defeat. The grey eye demon chuckled as I looked at him with puppy eyes while taking small steps in her direction. I sat on the couch which was on the opposite side of her. Her eyes moved on my frame and I could tell from the facial expression she recognised I was wearing her son's clothes.