Chapter 28

***Follow Me and vote***
***from now onwards updates will mostly be on Wednesday it can get delayed by a day***

"Tomorrow you won't be able to run away from me without answering me"

Saying that in his determined voice he threatened me and walked as I heard his footsteps fading but I stood there like a frozen statue. Is this his way of saying don't show up at his place tomorrow? Sage stop thinking too much and just walk. Erick is waiting for you. I moved my head to take all his threats and questions out of my head. 

God, I don't even know why he is interested in my life when he doesn't even like me. 

I thought in anguish and walked towards where Erick was standing. He was still standing in front of the ice cream shop with Mint in his hand so he wouldn't run away again while waiting for me. 

"Hey sorry for making you wait, let's go," I said as I jogged towards him and took Mint from his hand. 

"What took you so long," he asked as he handed Mint to me who was now yawning because of boredom as Erick didn't let him down while I was away. 

"I accidentally bumped into a girl while searching for Mint and made her drop all the shopping bags from her hand so I helped her'' I said with a small smile as I told him the partial truth minus the part where the grey-eyed monster was holding me against my will. He nodded in understanding as we both walked out of the mall and to the parking. Erick walked to his driver's seat while I walked to the back seat and placed Mint there. 

"Good boy, stay here," I said as I patted his head while he curled up in the back seat with a small bark as if he was saying yes. I smiled looking at him while I still kept stroking his cute face. He is so cute. He is growing fast into an adult dog but I will still love him like my cute little puppy as he is my first baby. Erick smiled looking at us from a rearview mirror as he took his seat. 

Saying that I got out and stood straight to close the door but when I lifted my eyes and saw a grey-eyed monster standing in the distance looking at me and the car with narrowed suspicious eyes. He was trying to look at who was seated in the driver's seat but he couldn't as he was standing far from where our car was parked. He kept looking at the car with the same suspicious look in his eyes. He tried to walk in our direction while still trying to see who was in the driver seat and it made my heart race but before he could take more steps in our direction his sister called him making him halt in track. 

He stopped walking more in our direction, he looked at me or to say more precisely glare at me. I don't know-how but his grey eyes have some power which made my body go still and I hate this effect of his on me. I stayed like that as he held my gaze for a few seconds but it felt like an hour with the last look he turned and walked to his sister. I took a breath of relief as I found myself free from his caging gaze and took my seat beside Erick. Without wasting time Erick started driving and we soon reached our place. Saying good night, we both retired to our respective rooms. 

A small smile was still playing on the corner of my lip as the fact Erick was now my friend came back to my mind. Erick as a friend was much better than the rude arrogant roommate/owner. Our conversations in the past where I was the only one talking. But today I was not the only one talking but he was too conversing back with me and by this, I knew he was being genuine when he accepted my friendship. Even though today's grey eye monster ruined my half-day, Erick was successful in making my other half happy. I sighed as I felt a little calmness in the center of my chest. I eyed my bed as it was calling me wide open arms. I didn't even wait for a single second more and made myself land on the bed, making Mint scared as he woke up from his sleep and looked at me with wide startled eyes.