Chapter 49

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

That's one of many reasons why my heart beat for him. 

The next day when I woke up, I found myself curled up in his arms. My face was buried in his chest, and his arm was draped over me, pinning me to his hard chest. It was still early in the morning, so I took a deep breath of his alluring scent and snuggled into his chest, and in response, he pulled me more towards him. The next time my eyes opened, I was still in his hold, but I wanted to pee very badly. He was still sleeping, so I tried to remove his arms without disturbing him. But taking his hands away from my waist was next to impossible. I tried again. 

"You are trying to run away from me on the very first day of our marriage," he questioned me demandingly, still not letting me go out of his arms. intended, they became tight around me. I was not trying to run away. 

"Where do you think you are going?" he asked in his husky morning voice, yet it was filled with so much possessiveness. I swallowed hard listening to his voice. 

"Bathroom," I whispered, with my face still hidden in his chest. 

"Hmm," he hummed. It made my face turn red because he still didn't let me out of his arms. 

"It's a good reason to run away from me," he said in the same voice while letting me go out of his arms. I immediately got out of bed and went to the bathroom with a wildly beating heart. I took a deep breath of relief once I was in the bathroom. 

"God this man!"  I exclaimed.  Why would he think I'm running away first thing in the morning? I walked inside the bathroom and did my business. I decided to take a shower. I took a long, warm shower, and it helped release the tension in my sore muscles. Wrapping a bathrobe around me, I walked into the walk-in closet to change. I decided to wear my pyjamas because I didn't want to wear anything tight. Who even wears pyjamas on their first day of marriage? I sighed, looking at how dull my face was. I walked back into the room once I was dressed. But he was not in the room. Where did he go? So I walked out of the room to search for him, but my stomach grumbled. I had not eaten properly last night because of my anxiety. When I reached the living room, I followed a delicious aroma coming from the kitchen. I found him cooking something. 

"Take a seat. Breakfast is almost ready," he said when he saw me standing at the edge. I just nodded and sat on a stool in front of the counter. I didn't utter a word and kept looking at the view in front of me. He broke some eggs into a pan and put some chopped vegetables in it. He took the toast and placed it on a plate only after applying butter to it. My eyes just kept on following the small movements he made with full precision. A few strands of his hair fell on his forehead when he flipped the most veggie omelette. He looked so effortless. so handsome without even trying. I looked so plain in my old pyjamas that I was nothing compared to him. No one will ever be attracted to me. I sigh left my mouth.  He looks sexy when he cooks. My face stayed glued to his. Looking at him like that did something to me. I started feeling something in the pit of my stomach.  Different kinds of emotions ran through my whole body, which made my face turn red. 

"Eat," he said, forwarding a plate full of food.  I looked away when I found his eyes on me. I took the plate, still not looking up at him. I felt his eyes on me as he poured juice for me into the glass. I bit my lower lip in dismay. I knew he had caught me ogling at him. My hormones were messing with my head. I decided to concentrate on my food. I took the first bite of it, and I couldn't help but moan. It just melted in my mouth.  It was one of the reasons he was a celebrity chef.