Chapter 83

****Sorry for the late update. Follow me and vote****

"I will keep my schedule clear after all there is so much to talk about  

I gulped hard at how long I'm going to be in fear of him exposing my doing to dad. I just want to tell dad everything on my own and at the same time, I don't want to. I lowered my eyes and kept standing quietly. After bidding his goodbye dad left with Erick. I went back to the kitchen. Everyone, we're back to work. The head chef too was preparing something again, ignoring my existence. I walked in with small steps with slumped shoulders. 

"Your dad is so outgoing," Logan said when he saw me entering the kitchen. I smiled at him and took the chicken to cut into pieces. Dad has always been like that. Maybe because he has been in the restaurant business he has always been welcoming and humble. 

"Does Sophia's dad have the same personality as your dad?" Logan asked curiously while looking at me with his big eyes. 

"No," I said with a sad smile on my face. Her dad has always been a strict one. His eyes dimmed a bit. 

"But her mom is a lovely woman," I said to cheer him up. She is the one sweet lady. Talking of Sophia, she calls me every day since she knew what was going on in my life. She was out of state on some shoots with models working as their makeup artists. She wanted to come back leaving everything but I stopped her. I know how much this opportunity means to her and I don't want to ruin it. The rest of the day went in a blur working and him ignoring me. 

Soon days were going by. Soon it will be my day to leave work and this city for good. The next day Grace came to the restaurant. I tried to hold it for so long but in the end, I broke. I couldn't help but cry in front of her. She understood me. I told her everything, even how I found women in his apartment. She was flabbergasted after knowing it. She told me that she would question him but I stopped her. I don't want to be a burden to anyone anymore. I didn't tell her that I was leaving for good. I was still not ready. I will give the news of me leaving on the day they come for dinner. So I invited her for dinner too. Soon the weekend came. Dad and I went grocery shopping in the morning. We bought lots of things as he wanted to make so many things. 

"I think we have got everything," I said, eyeing the two big bags full of groceries. 

"We still didn't get something which we were on the list," dad said while eyeing the list he had prepared. A smile formed on my lips looking at dad who was still frowning at the list. Every time dad went shopping for groceries, mom made sure to go with him because dad always ended up bringing more things. He would always crash the budget maid by mom and she would scold him and then he would make something sweet from the extra things he bought. I miss those days so much. 

"I think some of the things from the list are at home" I assured him so he could stop looking at the list. I paid for the things we bought. 

"Great, now let's go. We have to make a lot of things," dad said while taking the bags from me. Dad was excited to host a dinner for my colleagues. I think he was more excited because the head chef was coming. He talked about him then and now. I didn't know dad was this big a fan of his. I exhaled looking at his retreat back. I don't want him to get disappointed because the head chef didn't show up. I was not even sure if he was coming in the first place. 

"Sage what are you still doing standing there come let's go" dad called for me as I was still lost in my thoughts. 

"Coming," I said and jogged towards him. I took one of the bags from him as he told me what he was making for dinner. After reaching home we had lunch. I changed into normal denim shorts and a loose t-shirt. Erick was working today so he was going to come at dinner time. I was marinating the chicken when I heard the doorbell.