Chapter 52

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"I will keep you warm." 

I took deep breaths to calm my fastened heartbeat. I again bit on my lower lip, still hiding my face in his warm, masculine chest. I still felt everyone's eyes on me. Was he doing this because we were in front of everyone? After what I heard from Isabella, I was feeling a little hard-pressed to understand his actions. Sometimes he is the most arrogant head chef I know, and the very next second he is warm and caring. Someone cleared their throat, making me come out of my thoughts. 

"Get a room," I heard Isabella saying. It made him pull away from me, but he still kept me pinned to his chest with his hands around my waist. It was getting late, so we decided to leave. I said bye to everyone. I had tears in my eyes while saying goodbye to my family. Tomorrow I was going to the airport to drop them off, but I still felt so emotional. Soon after that, we left. I sat quietly in the car, not uttering a word as he drove. My phone beeped with a call. Isabella was calling me. Why is she calling me? We just said goodbye a few minutes ago. 

"I completely forgot to tell you. Tomorrow I have a day off, and we are going shopping for your honeymoon tomorrow," she said from the other side of the call. 

"But I have lots of clothes I don't need anymore," I said as my forehead creased. 

"Yeah, you do, but those are not for a honeymoon. You are going to Hawaii. You will need lots of bikinis and sundresses and much more lingerie. You are going to be there for like a month, so I don't want to hear anything. I will pick you up from the airport once your family leaves," she said in a tone that said, "Don't argue with me on this because I won't listen." My face became red when she mentioned the types of clothes I would need. I wanted to say I don't need those clothes, but he was looking at me with curiosity. I exhaled in defeat and mumbled a small yes. Both the siblings are so stubborn. 

"Why did she call?" the head chef asked when I cut the call. My face was still red. 

"She wants to go shopping tomorrow," I said while looking out the window, not elaborating on it further. He hummed and went back to driving. I saw a smirk on the corner of his lips, but it vanished as if it were not there a second ago. I averted my eyes from him. I was feeling sleepy, looking out of the window. Soon we reached home. I straightaway went to the bathroom. I changed and washed my face before lying down on the bed. He went to change. I was tired and wanted to sleep very badly. What Isabella told me today was lingering in my head. I don't know when I should confront him. I exhaled while curling up in bed. I closed my eyes, and in no time I found myself drifting into sleep. After some time, I felt like I was being pulled into a warm embrace with a blanket covering my body. I snuggled in, my chest burning. The much-needed warmth pushed me into a deep sleep. The next day, I woke up early because I had to go to the airport. I found myself entangled with him as his face rested on my chest. I blushed to see how his hold became tighter on me, and he snuggled more in my bosom when I tried to get out of bed. 

"Head chef!" I called his name, wanting him to move a bit.