Chapter 24

***Follow me and vote***

"I don't need your help. Go back to him."

Saying that he walked out of the house without glancing back at me. To whom. Is he talking about Erick? But he is just my friend. Why is it so hard for him to understand? Tears formed in the corner of my eyes when I heard his words. Bitterness in his eyes for me has increased even more. I kept looking at the empty hall with teary eyes. 

"Sage" Erick called me from behind. I immediately lifted my hand and wiped my eyes while sniffing a bit to swallow my tears. 

"Hmm" I hummed while wiping the last remains of wetness in my eyes. 

"Where did Xanthus go," he asked me with furrowed eyes while looking at the empty hall. 

"H--he just stepped out of the house," I said while trying to bring a faint smile to my face. His blue eyes scrutinised me. I know what he is doing. He is trying to read me.

"What happened," he asked in his concerned voice. 

"N--nothing I'm just tired and feeling sleepy. I will see you tomorrow goodnight" saying that I walked away from there with hurried steps before he could take me anything else. I didn't want to tell him that he was the reason why his cousin cut his hand and walked out of the house in bitterness. I went to my room and tried to call him but he wouldn't pick up my phone. It made me even more worried for him. I started feeling anxious whenever the image of his bleeding hand flashed in front of my eyes. My heart stops beating for a second at the thought of him still roaming here and there with his hand untreated. I know how his anger is. He became more stubborn. I couldn't stay in my room anymore. I walked down to see if Daniel was still there. He was my only hope. I found him at the entrance about to walk out of the house. 

"Dr Daniel" I called out his name stopping him from walking out. He turned around to look at me. I ran towards him. 

"The head chef is not picking up my call. Can you call him to ask if he is ok" I said hesitatingly with a worried face. He was an intimidating man who talked only when it was needed. His light brown eyes moved all over my face. He exhaled deeply before nodding at me. He took out his cell phone and called the head chief as I stood in anticipation. After what felt like an eternity he picked up his call. 

"Where are you," he asked him and then he answered something which I couldn't hear. He talked for a few minutes in a hushed tone. 

"Don't worry he went back to his penthouse. I'm going too" he said after cutting the call. He turned around to walk away when I again opened my mouth. 

"Please will you make sure he treats his wound?" I said pleadingly. 

"Yeah don't worry. You should go and take some rest now" he assured me saying that he walked away. A little relief flooded my chest after listening to his words. I went back to my room. Isabella was already there in bed reading her book. I changed my clothes and got to bed. I still couldn't sleep at night. The next morning arrived too soon. The whole house was buzzing with energy. Today was Erick's and Grace's engagement. First, there was going to be an engagement and then a party. Grandma had told me lots of people were coming today. All distant relatives and friends were invited. I even met Erick's dad. He had a strong resemblance to him. But his dad seemed to be a more strict and reserved person. I said hello and stayed away from him. Half of the day went by helping Grandma and Mrs Villian in checking the final preparation. 

"Sage dear, go and get ready. Soon guests will start coming" Mrs Villian said while pushing me in the direction of the stairs before I could protest. 

"Yes, go and get ready. I will help her," my mom said, supporting her. I gave them a small nod and walked away. I decided to wear the dress that Grace had bought for me when she came to know my truth. After all, she wanted me to wear it on this day. It was lemon yellow and very beautiful with a sweetheart neck with striped sleeves. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I got changed into it and when I walked into the room I found Isabel dressed in her navy blue dress. She looked breathtaking even without makeup. And here I was looking like wall grass. 

"Are you planning on killing my brother today?" she asked with a big grin on her face as soon as her eyes fell on me. I just have her faint smile. She was being polite to me. 

"I think it's the other way around" I mumbled under my breath. I always wear my jeans and once I wore a sundress. It's my first time wearing something like this in front of him. 

"You look so beautiful. I'm sure men at the party are going to fight for you" I said teasingly, making her blush. 

"It will be so much fun to see that," she laughed dreamily, making me join her. 

"Come I will do your makeup," she said and made me sit on the chair in front of the vanity. 

"Please keep it minimal," I asked her. Like I asked, she kept my face natural just as I liked. After that, she did her makeup and then we went down. Everyone complimented me saying I looked very beautiful. Even Erick said I looked beautiful when he saw me. James Willam and chef Oliver arrived. They too said I looked beautiful and at this point, I didn't know how to respond to their kindness. I just mumbled a small thank you. All their compliments made me blush. 

Do I look good? 

I asked myself many times this evening. Logan arrived with Sophia after a few minutes and we all got engrossed in talking about the restaurant. I hugged her and she gave a low whistle looking at me. I grin at her and then hug Logan. They were telling me how much fun they have nowadays and the work pressure they have gone through because of the popularity of the restaurant. I missed working there. I was listening to their conversation in fascination when I saw the head chef walking inside the house. He was wearing his three-piece black coloured tailored suit looking handsome as a devil. His mad grey eyes clashed with mine. My heart started beating loudly.

But my breath caught in my lungs when I saw a familiar woman trailing behind him. She cut the distance between them and then wrapped her hand around his arm with a huge smile on her face. Sophia nudged me following my line of vision. 

"Who is she" 
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 91
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 129

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.