Chapter 68

***Follow me & vote guys***
****Cold is killing me guys****

I don't know what is waiting for me behind this closed door.  

I waited anxiously for the doors to get open. Each passing second felt like an hour as my hands started to sweat even more and a big lump started to form in the base of my throat. The doors finally opened, almost making my heart leap out of my chest as I heard the crack of getting open. I lifted my eyes and looked up to find Isabella standing there with a still face. I was a bit surprised to see her opening the door instead of the maid. She looked at me with her still familiar set of grey eyes and a little grim face not saying a word to me. She very much looked like her brother with this face. My throat bobbed, swallowing the big lump as I looked at her emotionless still grey eyes and grim face. It was clear on her face that she knew about me and her brother. I gave her a small smile but she didn't return. It made my smile completely fade away. I just kept staring back at her without saying a word. She moved her grey eyes from my head to toe and gestured to me to follow her without saying a word of greeting or welcome. She was not the same happy-go-lucky Izzy I know. 

She was fully opposite and it increased the fear I was feeling even more. I just followed her with my small steps as my fingers fringed with each other. I just kept following her until we reached the lavish living room. If the tension in the air was not as thick as the trunk of a banyan tree I would have let my eyes wander to admire this house. She stopped walking when we saw two dainty figures seated on a velvety expensive-looking couch. Even looking at them from far away anyone could tell that they have aged gracefully. The beauty genes ran in the bloodline. Their posture, their way of taking everything screamed high society and it made me feel more intimidating and self-conscious of my plain self. Even if I had met them as a woman I still had no chance. They stopped talking as they felt our presence. I stood hiding behind Isabella's tall frame as I felt them looking at me. Isabella moved away as she saw what I was doing, exposing me to their eyes. I just gave them a small smile as I didn't know what to say. 

"Sage we were waiting for you," his grandma said in her firm voice as she saw my small figure getting reviled. I just stood there with a stiff frame as she said that. 

"Come sit here," his mother said, pointing towards the seat in front of them. Izzy went and took her seat beside them. I felt their gaze on me as I took my seat. I curled my fingers which were resting on my thighs. I felt I was seated in an interview with my interviewers who were ready to drop a bomb on me. 

"Sorry to make you wait," I said in my small voice as I tried to resist their gaze. 

"Oh don't be, we were not waiting for that long," his mother said with a small smile on her face as she looked at me. I just gave her my nervous smile. 

"What would you like tea, coffee, or juice," Mrs Villin asked me, looking at me as the rest of the two sittings quietly noticed my emotions with the same set of familiar grey eyes. 

"Water," I said still with a nervous smile on my face. She called a maid and asked her to bring me a glass of water. Until it came I kept sitting quietly with their intense gaze on me. Have they called me to just stare at me? The maid brought the water in a few minutes. I thanked her and drank the cold glass full of water in one go looking here and there. I kept the empty glass back and went back to being the same. The tension in the air increased as thick as the trunk of two banyan trees. 

"I can't take this anymore," Isabella said in her impatient voice, suddenly making my heart jump a little out of my chest. Her words made me look at her. 

"Seriously, I can't believe you did this to me. You hid this big thing for me. I thought we were friends but I was the fool to think like that" she said in her mad voice as she was unable to stay quiet anymore. I looked at her with wide eyes not knowing how to answer her.