Chapter 27

***Sorry for the late update. Follow Me and vote***

Why is he so disgusted to be near me when he was the one who cut the distance between us?

I chewed my inner lower lip as I tried to control the emotions which were ready to spill out of the corner of my eyes. With hurt-filled glassy eyes, I kept looking at him as he was acting frustrated about the interrogation he tried to do forcefully. He kept looking at me with that look in his eyes which made me avert my eyes from his as I couldn't bear it anymore. I was not the one who cut the distance but it was him then what right he had to loathe me like that. 

All the heavy thoughts clogged my mind, making me take deep breaths as I tried to control myself to run away from here like a hurt crying child as I did in the morning. I was better than this. It was not my fault I will not let him see me crying, not in this life. It's what I intended to do from now onwards. I was still feeling his dark frustrated gaze on me. It was pinning me to the same spot he left me. His dark gaze only shifted from me when I heard his phone breaking the thin tension in the air. Lifting my glassy eyes I looked at him and he gave me one last hard look before taking out his cell phone from the breast pocket of his blazer. He looked at the call and muttered something under his breath. I took deep shaky breaths as I found myself free from his pining grey eyes. 

"Yes I'm still here," he said in his normal voice. I tried to walk away but he looked at me, making me stop from taking my next step. 

"I will be there," he said in the same calm tone. I don't know how he was capable of changing his tone and attitude in a split of seconds. He was so good at masking his emotions that made me fear in a bad way. As he was talking on the phone I heard my cell phone ringing. I took it out and my eyes widened as I completely forgot about Erick waiting for me with Mint in front of the ice cream shop. I need to go to him before he comes for me. It was the last thing I wanted Erick to meet, a grey eye monster. I didn't want to lose my friend on the same day I made one. 

"I will be there in a minute," I said in my hurried voice, and without thinking twice I started walking out there but my steps were halted when I felt him tugging my upper arm stopping me from taking further steps. I eyed at my upper arm where his hand was firmly holding me. 

"Where do you think you are going?" he demanded in his mad voice as he saw me walking away. How dare he ask me that after making me feel like the most awful thing in his life. I closed my eyes while taking a deep breath to control my anger. My body already felt like no energy was left in me to fight with him and I didn't feel like wasting the last little bit I had because he was not worth it. 

"It's none of your concern to know my whereabouts. I don't think we have more than an employee and employer relationship between us" I said in my mad voice while looking straight in the far distance at the ice cream shop where Erick was waiting for me with Mint in his arms. 

"We are not done talking," he said in his dominating voice as he heard my words. 

"We both have way better things to do in our life instead of continuing the meaningless conversation here," I said in my mad voice while not looking into his eyes. His hold became tight when he heard my words. I tried to take my hand out of his hold but he was not ready to let it go. I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath to calm myself but it was of no use as I felt it increasing even more. 

"Sir, please let go of my hand," I said while trying to control the blazing anger I was feeling in me and tugged my hand from his grip while still not looking at his face. I don't want to see his face anymore. I didn't wait for his reply and walked out of the area. I heard his steps following me but I didn't turn to look at him. Instead, I was walking while looking at the floor as if it was a more interesting thing in this world. I had not even walked a few steps away from him when I got to clash with someone. The bags from the person's hand fell from their hand.