Chapter 15

***Hey, my lovely readers if you are considering pledging to me on Patreon please do it on the 1st of the coming month to get the benefit for the whole month***
***Dont forget to follow me and vote***

!!!Surprise update guys!!!

He looked all calm but a storm was about to come.

He walked us to the car with Sophia following us. He didn't utter a word after walking out of the Maxwell cabin.

"I can walk," I said in my small voice, feeling the tension in the air. I thought he would let me down but instead, he gripped me more tightly and kept walking without even sparing me a glance. Soon we reached his black Maserati. He opened the car and made me sit inside it. He walked to his side only after putting a seat belt on me.

"How did he know I was here?" I whispered to Sophia who bent down and looked at me through the window.

"I don't know. I went out to receive the call from Logan. Wait a minute. I told him" a known look crossed our faces.

"Logan," we both said together with a grim look on our faces. We flinched at our place when we suddenly heard a bang of a car door closing.

"Do you want me to drop you somewhere?" the head chef asked Sophia in his stern voice. He was still mad at her too.

"No, I will take a taxi," Sophia said with a tight smile on her face. Saying that she waved bye to me and walked away. He closed the window and started to drive. He hasn't said a word since we left the hospital and now again he is saying nothing. The tension in the air was increasing with every passing second. I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. His eyes were focused on the road. He just kept driving with a clenched jaw and gripping the steering wheel very tightly. Soon we reached the mansion. I took the pack of my medication and tried to get out of the car on my own. He had bought my medicine on the way. I winced when I put my foot on the ground but it didn't hurt like before. Even before I could take another step I was in the air. He again lifted me into a bridal style. A gasp left my mouth at his sudden action. My fingers fisted on his shirt. I don't know why my stupid heart started to beat fast.

"I--I can walk" I stuttered while looking at his expressionless face. I don't know why the hell I stuttered.

"I know," he said firmly while looking straight. I blinked at his words. Then why is he doing this?

"Don't feel great about it, I'm just putting on an act?" he said, still looking ahead. It made me lower my eyes and bit my lower lip. Again I felt the burn in my chest. He was just putting on an act for his family and my stupid mind had a tiny hope that he was concerned about me. He walked us inside the house.

"Sage!" I heard his mother's concerned voice when she saw the head chef was carrying me. It made me look at her. I masked my face and looked at her.

"What happened to her?" she asked in her concerned voice while walking toward us.

"She is fine. She just twisted her ankle" he said to his mom.

"Oh, poor child. Take her to her room. She needs to rest" his mother said while looking at me. I just smiled at her faintly. She still had a concerned look on her face. He gave her a firm nod and then climbed up the stairs. Soon we reached my room. He put me on the bed and didn't utter a word. I was better off if we didn't talk. I pulled out my cell phone from my jeans and put it on charge. I moved my head to find him still there. He gave me medicine with a glass of water. I thought he would go out because the act was over and no one was here to see. I didn't want to take it.

"No one is here, you can stop your act," I said while looking at him with my seat jaw. His grey eyes narrowed at me when I said that.

"Keep it over there, I will take it afterwards", I said while ignoring his hand which had medicine in it. I kept looking at my dead phone not wanting to look at his face. It had started to charge. He pulled my cell phone out of my hand and placed my medicine in it.

"Eat it until I'm asking you nicely" his words held a warning but I was in no mood to take his command.

"or else what," I shot back while fisting my hand and glaring at him.

"You want to know," he said in the same warning tone while gripping my chin, making me look at him. But I didn't back out. I kept glaring back at him. His grey eyes darken at my words.

"I will open your mouth and make you swallow it," he said those words so calmly, looking straight into my eyes. His thumb grazed my lower lip pulling it a little down when he said those words. My throat went dry and my lips parted a little and my eyes widened slightly. Something happened in my stomach. The tension in the air increased a hundred times. We both kept looking at each other. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and it made me flinch on my spot. I moved my face away from his touch and cleared my throat. I asked the person to come on. Grandma walked in with his mother.

"I heard you twisted your ankle," grandma said while sitting beside me. She looked at my swollen ankle.

"How did this happen," she asked me in her concerned voice while taking my hand. I had to tell her the whole story. His eyes remained fixed on me the whole time.

"You did a good thing but be a little careful so you don't hurt yourself," Grandma said while patting my hands. It felt good when she praised me. It felt warm. I was unknowingly waiting for it. I smiled back at her.

"Have you taken your medicine?" his mother asked who stood beside grandma.

"She was about to take them" he butts in before I could say anything. I looked at him waiting for him to swallow that pill. I smiled at them faintly and swallowed the pill with a bitter face. I hate medicine.

"Now that you have taken your medicine, get some rest. I will bring your dinner to your room" his mother said politely, making me nod at her. They left my room shortly. I was waiting for him to leave too but he was busy looking at the retreating back of his mother and grandma. Suddenly my mobile started to ring with an unknown number. I received it shortly before it could get disconnected.

"Hello Sage Maxwell here" I heard his radiating voice from the other side.

"Maxwell" I repeated his name in a bit of confusion. Why did he call me? As soon as I said his name, the grey eye monster looked at me.

"You forgot your shoes here and you got in a hurry so I didn't get a chance to tell you. You need to come back for a check-up in two days," he said from the other side wiping away the confusion from my face. I chuckled sheepishly. I forgot my shoes there.

"I will get them when I come for a checkup," I said sheepishly but even before I could say bye and hang up, my cell phone was snatched from me. He glared at me with mad grey eyes. The stop which I was waiting for had arrived.

"You will not go there again"
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 79
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 119

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.