Chapter 88

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Our eyes said something that only our hearts could hear.

I was drowning in deep slumber when he pulled my exhausted frame into his embrace. My bare back touched his naked, hard cheat. He spooned me. His left hand was wrapped around my waist, while on the other, his face was resting. He watched me fall asleep. I don't know how long he kept looking at my sleeping face. The next day, I felt kisses on my bare shoulder. The touch was so familiar that I recognised it even in my sleep. I leaned into it, and a big smile formed on my lips. It made me turn around and hug him while burying my face in his warm chest. He wrapped his hands around me, pulling me closer to him while tucking his head below his chin.

"Don't you want to wake up?" he asked in his husky morning voice.

"Hmm." I just hum with closed eyes.

"Come on, get up; everyone must be waiting for us to come down for breakfast," he coaxes, trying to persuade me to wake up. But I just hummed again and snuggled my face into his warm chest. He chuckled when I did that. I don't want to go anywhere but stay in his arms like this. He let me be like that until my mother called us down for breakfast. We took a bath together to save time. It turned out to be something else, and we ended up taking more time. We walked out of the room hand in hand.

"Good morning, everyone," I said cheerfully while descending the stairs. They all said good morning to us. They were all done with their breakfast.

"Sorry, we slept in and couldn't come on time for breakfast," the head chef said while pulling a chair for me. He took his seat beside me, and I poured some juice for us.

"You don't need to apologise." We understand you both were exhausted," my mother said, and I started coughing as soon as I took the first sip from a glass of my juice. I immediately pulled the glass from my mouth and kept it on the table. My face was burning red. Did they hear us? After all, I was screaming the whole night.

"Are you ok?" the head chef asked while handing me a glass of water. He tried to hide his smile by looking at my face. He knows what I'm thinking.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said with a glare while taking the glass from him.

"Drink slowly, Sage," my dad said, and I just nodded in his direction with lowered eyes and a red face.

"What I was saying is that both of you worked so hard yesterday at the restaurant that you both deserve to rest more," my mother continued in her delighted voice. Her words made me look at her. So she was talking about that. I was getting embarrassed for nothing.

"Yes, yes, we did lots of work. I was so exhausted that I slept as soon as I laid down in bed. Now I'm so hungry," I said in a dash while stuffing my mouth with my breakfast. From the corner of my eye, I saw the head chef hiding his smile behind the glass of juice. My parents chuckled, looking my way. Elijah had the same expression on his face. We continued our breakfast as they sipped on their coffee.

"Elijah, why were you sleeping in the living room instead of yours?" my mother asked while I was still busy stuffing my mouth. The head chef put one more omelette on my plate.

"Last night there were so many mosquitoes buzzing near my ears. They were making so much noise that I had no option but to come and sleep in the living room," I said while sipping his coffee.

"Did you let the window of your room open?" my mother asked him. I stopped eating and looked at him.

"Mosquitos? But we don't have mosquitoes in our vicinity," I said with a confused face.

"But yesterday there were two big mosquitoes not letting me sleep, and I was too tired to shoo them away," he said while looking at me and the head chef with a sarcastic smile on his face. My eyes widened in realisation. Elijah and my room are beside each other. The mosquitoes he is talking about are us. I was too loud last night. My brother knew I was having sex with my husband. My face has turned more red than a tomato.

"I will put some mosquito coils in your room. Next time, make sure to close all the windows before going to sleep, my dad," she said, looking at him. He was done drinking his coffee. He nodded and stood up. I looked at the head chef, and from my facial expression, he understood. Instead of looking embarrassed, he looked proud of himself. I glared at him, and in return, he smirked at me. He finds it funny. I'm not letting him come near me until we stay here.

"Good morning, everyone," Sophia said as she walked in. Logan was trailing behind her.

"Come have breakfast with us," I said to them with a big smile on my face.

"No, we just had our breakfast," Logan said, refusing us politely.

"So Sage, are you excited?" Sophia asked me cheerfully, making me look at her with raised brows.

"Excited about what?" It was the head chef who asked her before I did.

"Don't tell me you have not seen our high school group messages." She said this while looking at me with disbelief.

"No, I have not. I didn't get time to check it. What is it?" I asked in a relaxed tone.

"We are having our high school reunion on Sunday, and guess what?" She said this while wiggling her eyebrows.

"What?" I said in excitement. I said itexcited about the reunion. It's been so long since I met my high school classmate. Most of them had gone out for studies, and it was the first time we were having a high school reunion.

"Aiden is coming too," she shrieked in her excited voice. My eyes widened in surprise.

"What really?" I couldn't believe it.

"Who is Aiden?" the head chef and Logan both asked us at the same time.

"Our high school buddy and Sage's first love," she said teasingly while wiggling her brows. I rolled my eyes, but a big smile formed on my face, remembering him.

"So the trio is going to reunite again," my mother said while moving her head in amusement. She was about to say something, but Dad called her from the kitchen, so she excused herself.

"Hmm, first love," the head chef said while resting his hand on my tights. His tone sends a shiver down my spine. His grey eyes held a possessive look in them. This man was going into a jealous mood. What an opportunity to make him more jealous! I rested my face on my hand and looked straight into his eyes with a challenging look in my eyes, saying dreamily,

"Yes, Aiden, my first love."
_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 171.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 30.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.