Chapter 54

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"We love you too." 

We spent the rest of the day talking. Now I was in our room, looking at the bags in front of me with a slumped shoulder. The whole bed was occupied with shopping bags. I had to get help from the receptionist to bring them here. I came home half an hour ago, and at that time I had just dumped bags on the bed, but now that I have changed and am ready to take out all the things, I don't know where to start. I exhaled loudly, looking at the bags in front of me. Now I regret shopping so much. I heard the sound of the door getting opened. The head chef must be back from work. 

I turned my head to find him entering the room with his jacket in his hand and his sleeve rolled up to his elbow. His grey eyes fell on me as soon as he walked in. I grin internally, knowing very well that he is going to ask me for his card back. He threw his jacket on the couch. His eyes didn't even wave in the direction of the bed. Instead, he walked toward me and cupped my face, making my lips pout. I looked at him with confused eyes, and before I could question him, his lips smashed over mine. I blinked my eyes. He is kissing me. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I got lost in the world he was taking me to. He rested his forehead on mine when I was trying my best to fill my lungs. He has just shaken my whole world with his kiss. 

"Hungry?" he asked, looking down at me with his grey eyes. I was still trying to even out my breath. I nodded my head yes. He pecks my lips one more time. 

"Come, let's go and have our dinner," he said while lacing our fingers together and taking me down for dinner. 

"But I have not cooked dinner for us," I said in my small, timid voice. I had just come back from shopping, and he was at work. He must be expecting me to cook him dinner. 

"I know," he said while looking at me with a rare smile playing on the corner of his lips. I blinked my eyes, looking at him. Am I dreaming? But before I could confirm it again, he looked away. He gave me a seat at the dining table. He walked to the kitchen when I was about to say that I would quickly cook something for us. 

"James has sent you your favourite pasta," he said while taking out plates for us. That's when I noticed a takeout container on the table. 

"Did you have fun with girls?" he asked once I had served some pasta for both of us. 

"Hmm," I hummed and took the first bite of pasta. I moaned because it tasted the same as I remembered. 

"James makes the best pasta," I said while taking another spoonful. I couldn't stop moaning again. He didn't say anything as we continued eating. I was going for my second serving when I saw the head chef sulking while eating his pasta. 

"What's wrong," I asked while putting some pasta on my plate. 

"Nothing," he said, still sulking while taking a sip from his glass. I just shrugged and continued eating. What happened to him suddenly? I decided to do the dishes, and he went to his room to change. Once I was done with the dishes, I went to the room to put away all the bags that were scattered on the bed. My eyes widened when I saw him holding a particular bag in his hand.