Chapter 79

***Sorry for a little late update***
***Follow me and don't forget to vote***
!!!If you are considering pledging to me on Patreon do it tomorrow to get the benefit for the whole month!!!

"Dad"

I kept looking at him with a stunning face as I saw my dad standing in front of me. What is he doing here? 

"Sage, why are your eyes so red," he asked me in his worried voice as he kept looking at me with his furrowed eyes. As soon as he. said those words I couldn't hold myself anymore. I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. Tears that I have been trying to control fell out of my eyes freely. Dad wrapped his hands around me as I sobbed in his embrace. I was yearning for a big hug from my family so bad. God made dad come here knowing I would need him now so bad. 

"What happened," he asked in his soft yet worried voice as he moved his hand over my back. I didn't say anything because I was not in the state of making words or explaining to him. 

"Are you crying because of seeing me after so long?" he asked, filling the answer for me as I still sobbed. I nodded my head yes. He laughed while warping his hands firmly around me. 

"I thought you must have changed after living in this big city alone but you are still my little girl who cried as soon as her dad came to her school to pick her" dad jokes making his chest vibrate in amusement. He took me towards the couch and made me sit on it. Dad wiped my eyes with his thumb. Erick handed him the glass of water which he handed to me. I gulped the cold water in one go. Dad took back the glass from me. He too had some unshaded tears in his eyes. He wiped them as he saw me looking at him. 

"I came here to surprise you but looking at your short hair I was surprised back. Now stop crying and go get changed" he teased me, making me give him a small smile as I nodded at him. They all knew how much I loved my long hair. I stood up and walked toward my room. I was about to open it when Erick stopped me by taking hold of my wrist. I looked at him. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before that your dad was here. I forgot when I saw you crying like that" he said in his hush voice. I nodded my head in understanding as his blue eyes kept looking down at me. He lifted his hand and moved his thumb at the corner of my eye making me close them. I opened my eyes and found his thumb still in the corner of my eyes as his blue eyes looked at me with different emotions in his eyes. Before I could say anything he cleared his throat while moving his hand away from my face. 

"Go get changed until then I will go and give your dad some company," he said in his firm voice still clearing his throat while walking away from me. I kept looking at his back with my confused furrowed eyes as to how his expression changed. I didn't give it much thought and walked into my room. I took a quick bath and changed into my comfortable pyjamas. When I walked into the living room I saw my dad and Erick talking. 

"Mr King, I hope you don't mind the food I ordered. It won't be as good as made in your restaurant" he said to dad as he was holding the takeaway bag. 

"We should always appreciate whatever food we are eating. Some people don't even get that" dad said the words which he has been teaching us since childhood. Erick nodded his head in understanding with a smile on his face. 

"I must be bothering you by staying here. Let me help you" dad said with a smile on his face as he tried to get the bags from his hand. 

"No. I'm glad to meet you. I always wanted to meet you after meeting with your daughter and son. You have taught them life values that have been rooted in them. It always increased my curiosity to meet you" Erick said in his genuine voice as he didn't let dad take the bag.