Chapter 76

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Maybe a small trip to my home will help me clear my mind.

I thought about it throughout the ride back to the house. I have decided to go back home for a few days. I made dinner for him and then started taking out my clothes to pack. I will leave for my home town tomorrow. I need to tell him too. This time, I'm not going to hesitate before telling him my decision. I was busy packing my clothes when he walked into the room, looking so tired. I felt bad that I had not talked to him since our fight. I have been doing my best to give him the silent treatment, but it hurts me so much when I do that. Even if I'm mad at him, I still love him like a mad woman. He kept his briefcase on the couch and walked towards me with furrowed brows. I averted my eyes and went back to packing my clothes. He walked towards me, and I continued to keep my clothes on, ignoring him. He wrapped both hands around my waist and pulled me to his firm chest. My body went stiff from his sudden action.

"What are you doing?" he asked while hugging me tightly. He nuzzled his face into my neck, taking deep breaths in my scent. I closed my eyes, and my stiff body relaxed in his embrace. I took deep breaths to control my emotions. Opening my eyes, I went back to packing the clothes.

"Why are you packing your clothes?" He questioned me again when I was done putting on all my clothes. I didn't answer him and zipped the bag. He groaned when I still didn't answer. I tried to move out of his hold, but he wouldn't let me go; instead, he turned me around. My hands landed on his chest, trying to get out of his hold, but he pulled me closer to his firm chest.

"How long are you going to keep ignoring me like this?" he asked while looking me straight in the eye. I breathed out, knowing very well that he wouldn't let me out of his hold if I didn't answer. I lowered my eyes and bit my lower lip. I had decided to tell him this without hesitation, but I don't know how he would react to it.

"I'm going home," I answered this time, looking at his chest.

"Which home are you talking about? This is your home," he said possessively while taking hold of my chin and making me look at him. I swallowed hard, and my brown eyes clashed with his grey ones. I could see he was trying to control his anger.

"I'm going to my parent's house for a few days. I will be back after my dad's fifth birthday celebration," I answered calmly. I was not in the mood for an argument.

"You are going alone?" he asked in a yearning tone, wanting to ask him to accompany me.

"No, Sophia is not coming with me. I want to spend some time with my parents." Saying that made him move his hands from my waist. He didn't say anything, but I saw his face turn sad because I didn't ask him to come with me. He let me go out of his hold without any protest. I took the bag and kept it in the closet.

"Freshen up. I will set the table," I said when he still didn't say anything. I was looking all calm and composed from the outside, but from inside, havoc was going on. He didn't reply to me, and he walked to the bathroom. With a heavy heart, I walked down to the kitchen and heated the food. We ate our food in silence. He didn't talk with me and went to sleep after dinner. The next day I was leaving for my home town.

"Yes, I remember the flight timing. I will be there on time. Yes, I will call you once I leave the house," I said while entering the bedroom. He was getting ready to leave for the office. I walked to the closet and took my bag while chewing on my inner cheeks. He didn't even look in my way for once since yesterday. I felt a burning in my chest. I walked out of the closet to find he was not in the room. He left for work without talking to me. My eyes stung, but I looked up, blinking them away. I took my handbag and was about to get my luggage, but a masculine hand took hold of the handle. My eyes met his grey ones, but he looked away. He took the bag from me and walked out, with me following him. We took the elevator. He kept my bag in his car. I wanted to say that I would go on my own, but I wanted him to drop me off at the airport. I wanted to be with them until I left for my hometown. My heart was in a constant dilemma. Now he was giving me the silent treatment. I don't care anymore. If he doesn't want to talk, then I don't want to talk either. Sophia was already waiting for me at the airport. She was not alone; Logan was there too.

"Hey!" I said to both of them.

"Finally, she is here," Sophia exhaled in relief.

"I told you I would be here on time," I said while rolling my eyes at her. Last night, she dreamed that I had missed the flight.

"Hey boss," Logan said with a big smile on his face. The head chef gave him a cute nod.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him with a small smile on my face.

"How can I let her go alone?" Logan said while hugging Sophia like a koala. Sophia tried to push him, but he hugged her more tightly.

"What if someone tries to woo her in my absence?" he said with a worried look on his face. 

"He is being delusional, '' Sophia said while rolling her eyes. I laughed looking at them. It was always fun seeing how Logan clung to her. In the end, Sophia gave up, a smile adorning her lips as she looked at her koala. I was happy for them. Even though the head chef was standing a few inches away, it felt like miles to me. My heart stung. I felt his eyes on me, but I didn't look in his direction.

"Guys, let's go before Sophia's nightmare comes into existence," I said while getting my bag. They nodded their heads and started to walk inside after saying bye to the head chef. I didn't dare look at him, or else I would cry. I took steps to follow them, but he took hold of my arm and turned me around. I looked at him with furrowed brows. He cupped my face and pressed his full lips to my forehead. My heart beat so fast when he did that. I closed my eyes, and we stayed like that for a few seconds.

"Sage, let's go," I heard Sophia calling me. He let go of me. I looked one last time. He stood there with his hands in his pocket and a stoned face, looking straight at me.

Just like that, both of our eyes said bye to each other in longing silence.

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary complete.
Bed of Nails up to Chapter 47

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment, and share.