Chapter 97

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

How many times is he going to make me fall for him? 

They all were busy talking while I was busy looking at my husband. Noticing all his small things. It was not my first time admiring him but every time I did it felt as if I was doing it for the first time. Every time I noticed something new, something more fascinating about my husband. Every time he managed to surprise me. Pushing me more in the well of love I was having for him in my heart. It got dug deeper and deeper in the very moment I fell in love with him over and over again. 

"Are you trying to melt him with those love-sick eyes of yours?" I was distracted by none other than my brother. Elijah snickered when I averted my eyes to glare at him. 

"He is my husband. I will do whatever I want" I said sternly with my chin up. 

"Sure you can, Mrs. Villain" he smiled in amusement and sipped his juice. After everyone was done with breakfast we went back to the small garden we had in the backyard. Both my parents enjoyed guarding. They grew some organic vegetables and our meals were made with them most of the time. Grandma and my mother-in-law loved the small garden. Grandma told my mother how she used to do gardening at a young age. Elijah has arranged a few chairs for all of them. Men were seated on one side talking. They all were busy.  I and Isabella were sitting under the shade of a tree. 

"Why didn't Grace come," I asked Isabella while looking at her with furrowed brows. I have given her an invitation too. I thought she would come here with them. 

"She is coming with Eric. Both had important meetings. Their flight is going to land in the afternoon" Isabella informed me while sipping on her iced tea. I nodded my head in understanding. I hope everything is good between them. They are not fighting on their way here. I exhaled only God knows if they had not killed each other until now. I just pray they come here without harming each other. We talked about random things. 

"Xanthus" I called my husband after I was done collecting all the empty glasses of iced tea. He seemed busy talking with them. He was immediately on his feet. He covered the distance between us in only four steps with his long legs. 

"What's it," he asked while trying to take a tray of glasses from my hand. I didn't give him, instead, I gestured to him to walk inside with me. 

"We have to make some staying arrangements for them," I said while keeping the glass on the kitchen island. I turned around to look at him. 

"We only have one guest room. Grandma can stay there. But we have to make arrangements for the rest of them. I was thinking your parents can sleep in Elijah's room and Isabella can sleep with me in my room" I suggested my plan with raised brows. 

"Stop stressing so much. I have already made the arrangements for them to stay in my hotel. Their rooms are all ready. They go to the hotel after having lunch with us" he informed me while pinching my nose. I looked at him with surprised eyes. He had already taken care of it. 

"Now let's go back and spend some time with our family," he said while taking my small hand in his big one. I went back with a smile on my face. I made lunch for everyone. The head chef wanted to help me but I refused. He made breakfast for us so I should cook lunch for everyone. Everyone loved the food. They all were now tired because of the journey. So they went to their hotel room to take a rest. I decided to take a rest too. I slept for two hours in my husband's warm arms. I woke up at six. Xanthus was still sleeping. I let him and walked to the bathroom to wash my face. Mom was going to the market with grandma and my mother-in-law. They wanted to check the local market. So I decided to take her to the hotel. I will meet with girls there. Grace had messaged me an hour ago. Her flight has landed. They were already waiting for us in the lobby. I said bye to them and went to Isabella's room which she was sharing with grandma. There was a shortage of room because of the carnival. 

"Hello," I said to Isabella who opened the door for me. She smiled at me and then gestured with her head pointing at Grace who was sitting on the bed and sulking. I asked what was wrong with confused raised brows. She sighs and asks me to come inside. 

"Hello Grace," I said when I walked inside the room. My voice made her come out of her thoughts. 

"Hey" she stood up with a faint smile on her face and hugged me. 

"Everything ok," I asked while hugging her tightly and rubbing her back. "I'm going to kill your husband," she said with a grim face after breaking the hug. 

"Why? what did he do," I asked with a little chuckle. We sat back on the bed. 

"He has booked only one room for me and Erick. How I'm going to stay with him in the same room for two days," she said in her horrified voice. She shrugged her body as if she didn't like the idea of staying with him even a bit. 

"I can't stand him for a second," she said with a bitter look on her face. Isabella and I both looked at each other with the same look in our eyes. I sigh and cover my hand with hers. 

"You can't stand him for seconds then how are you going to spend the rest of your life with him," I asked her seriously while looking straight into her eyes. She didn't look at me when I questioned her. Instead, her body went stiff and some unknown pain surfaced in her eyes. I could see in her eyes that she too didn't have an answer to this question. Something was not right between them. She was hiding something. 

Something very big. 

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 32.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.