Chapter 71

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

At this moment I knew I was not alone in the boat. 

His lips moved toward me and I closed my eyes. My hand was still pressed to his chest and I could feel them increasing as he cut the distance between us. Something in me felt resolved when I knew he felt the same. I was having the same effect as he was having on me. I felt his lips hovering on mine and figures curled in anticipation to touch him to feel him. 

"Sage" I heard Sophia's timid voice come not far away from us. It made us move away as if we were caught red-handed. It felt different at this moment. I found her walking towards us while rubbing her eyes. 

"What's wrong," I asked her while clearing my throat. 

"I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. Can you sleep with me in my room? You know I'm not good at falling asleep in new places. I tried but I couldn't" she said with a small face while looking at us innocently. No one will say this is the same girl who knows her. I know she doesn't sleep alone in a new place. I am the head chef groaning. 

"No, she will sleep with me. You are a grown woman I'm sure you can manage. Just close your eyes and count to a hundred. You will be in deep slumber in no time" my husband said possessively while wrapping his hand over my waist. 

"I can say the same thing for you. You are a grown man. I'm sure you can spend a night without your wife. why don't you use your trick on yourself?" Sophia said while taking hold of my wrist and pulling me towards her. 

"No, I can't because it's for kids. Now be a good girl and go back to your room and let me take my wife to ours" he said refusing to let me go. Sophia gaped with slightly wide eyes. 

"Then it will work on you because you are the only kid among us who can't sleep without his wife. Do you want me to find you a pacifier? I'm sure it will help you even more" Sophia retorted while showing her tongue to him. The head chef glared at her. 

"I'm going to forbid Logan from marrying an evil woman like you," the head chef said annoyingly. 

"Yeah, that's what kids do when things don't go their way" she taunted him. She pulled me towards her. I was just looking between them in distress. Both of them were behaving like kids. 

"You guys just stop" I yelled while putting my one hand up before they started again. I looked at Sophia with mad eyes and she let go of my hand with a sheepish smile on her face. I averted my glaring eyes from her to him. He didn't want to but he moved his hand away from my waist. Both of them were still glaring at each other. I took a deep breath to calm myself. They both remained silent until I opened my eyes. 

"Sophia you go to your room I will be there in a few minutes," I said calmly and it made a big grin form on her face. She showed her tongue to the head chef with a little victory dance. 

"No, you are not," the Head chef said protestingly while looking at Sophia's victory dance. 

"Sophia goes before I change my mind," I said with a warning which made her stop dancing and run to her room. 

"You are coming to our bed I'm not going to sleep without you beside me," he said with a sulking face and moved his head in no. I exhaled loudly looking at his face. Yeah, he is a big kid when it comes to things like this.