Chapter 37

****Follow me and vote****

"Only three more days then I'm taking you with me and no one will stop me" 

Those wicked words echoed in my head, not letting me sleep the entire night. The next day I woke up feeling tired. The day I dreaded so much has finally arrived. Today is my engagement day with the head chef. Even though we were married on paper, today I will be officially his in everyone's eyes. In his and my families and all his relatives. Not many people were invited from my side, only close relatives. But there was a long list of important people invited from his side. All the famous people of high society were invited after all the infamous bachelor and prestigious celebrity chef was finally getting engaged. Since morning all the media and paparazzi have been crowding in front of the gate of the manor. To get gimps of what was going inside. It sparked curiosity in people's eyes to know who had made him give up his long-time bad-boy bachelor status. 

"God these people are creating havoc at the front gate. Why can't they just for once let us celebrate our happiness in silence?" Isabella said in her irritated voice as soon as she entered the room we shared. Her face had a tint of anger. Even though she was born into this kind of lifestyle she was still not immune to situations like this. I don't even have the slightest idea how it must feel to always be under people's eyes because my life has always been in the shadows. I was used to the life of a small-town girl. 

Will my life always be under the world's judging and scrutinising eyes? 

These thoughts made many questions arise in my mind. For the first time, I started to feel nervous looking at how my life will change after today. The media and paparazzi will get curious about me. They would want to know more about me and my relationship with the head chef. What if they dig into my past and find the reason behind our sudden marriage? It will be all over the news and everyone in the world would know how I deceived the head chef. My parents will know it too. That thought scared me to my death. My parents are the honest people I know in this world and if they come to know the truth they would never want to see my face. My face lost its colour. I started to feel overwhelmed with my thoughts. 

"Hey what happened?'' I heard Izzy asking me, making me lift my lost eyes to look at her. Her brows furrowed in my way as her grey eyes looked at me in concern. I just kept looking at her without uttering a word because I didn't know how I should explain to her the reason behind my misery. She walked toward me and sat on the bed in front of me. 

"Tell me what is bothering you. Maybe I won't be able to give you the wisest advice but sometimes our problems get half solved if we share it with someone" she said politely while squeezing my hand. She doesn't know that her brother is marrying me to take his revenge for deceiving him. Because I played with his feelings for my benefit. I don't even know how long this marriage will last. What if after a month or two he feels like he is done with his revenge would he discard me in front of the world making me a laughing stock in their eyes? We always portrayed our relationship as a lovelock in front of his and my family. Keyword portrays. I exhaled loudly while looking up at the ceiling. I did my best to swallow the building tears in my eyes. 

"What if these people find out that I deceived your brother to get the job? If that news comes out. My parents will know it too and It scares me" I told her half-truth in my trembling voice. I took a deep breath ro to swallow my tears. I didn't dare to tell her the full truth. 

"That's what is scaring you," she said with a smile on her face. I nodded my head. 

"Don't you worry my dear sister-in-law! Trust me my brother and you're soon to be husband would never let that happen ever. He is madly and deeply in love with you he will never let anyone point their fingers in your direction" she said those words brightly while again giving a firm squeeze to my hand. A tear managed to escape from the corner of my left eye. I nodded my head with a faint forced smile on the corner of my lips. She would have not said those words if she knew the whole truth behind our marriage.