Chapter 19

***Follow me and vote for a chapter***

Shit, he got caught.

"What happened?'' I heard his father's alert voice as soon as he opened the door with force. Behind him was his mother standing with a worried look. One by one everyone entered the room. Now the room was crowded with a few guards and his family members. Everyone was looking at the head chef who was standing in the middle of the room with a twitching face. His parents had the same known look as his sister on their faces. His father sends away the guards. 

"Xanthus, what is happening here?" his father asked in his firm voice but the chef kept standing quiet. 

"Answer your father," his mother said while folding her hands over her chest and looking at him with narrowed eyes. 

"Mom dad" I heard him saying with a troubled look on his face. At first, I was scared of what would happen if he got caught but looking at him in a tight spot was fun. At the restaurant, he used to take a class for all of us but now karma is showing how much of bitch it is. As if listing my words his grey eyes fell on me making me stop smirking.  

"What is happening here?" We heard grandma's voice and I saw how the colour from his face drained. Grandma walked in with a grim face with a cane in her hand for protection. I bit my lower lip from stopping myself from laughing out loud. The situation was turning out to be even more fun. I kept looking at him waiting for what he would say to save himself from his grandma. 

"He is in serious trouble" Isabella huffed while slumping on the bed beside me while looking at her brother and grandma. 

"Will someone tell me why the emergency bell was ringing," Grandma asked while pointing her cane towards the head chef? She was indirectly questing him. His face twitched, even more, looking at that cane. I controlled my laughter looking at his face. I'm going to tell my friends at the restaurant about his face. 

"Grandma, that's what I want to know too," he said in his calm voice, acting all innocent. 

"What," grandma asked with narrowed eyes not believing him. 

"I was passing by the room to go to the kitchen when I heard an emergency bell and ran here to see what was wrong," he said so innocently while looking at everyone's eyes as if he knew nothing. My mouth opened in disbelief. 

"Here goes it. He should receive an Oscar because he is a self-made actor" Isabella scoffed while moving her head as she was familiar with his skill. I saw his mother and father doing the same thing. 

"Who rang the bell?" Grandma asked while moving her narrowed suspicious eyes from him to me and isabella. I closed my open mouth. Isabella stiffened beside me. 

"It was me. I heard something smashing sound and thought someone had broken into our house but I found my brother here even before I turned on the lights" Isabell explained back with a mischievous tone. Their eyes fell on the broken lamp on my side. 

"It must be here because she has a habit of moving her hands and legs in her sleep," the head chef said, turning me to the centre of the situation before she could question him again. I gasped because I have no such kind of habit. He smirked looking at me wanting grandma to scold me for breaking the lamp. I felt all of their gaze on me. He was the one who broke it. I wanted to say it but will they believe me over their son? 

"I–I" I tried to form the sentence. 

"Child, are you hurt somewhere?" grandma asked in her soft voice while walking towards me with a concerned look on her face. Her demeanour changes fully, making the head chef look at her in disbelief. In a few seconds that look changed into a glare when he saw the corner of my lips turn into a small smirk. 

"No grandma, I'm not hurt anywhere. But I don't remember hitting the lamp" I said to her honestly making her move her head. 

"Don't worry, I know what is happening here. My hair has not turned white in the sun" she said curtly, making the head chef go stiff. 

"Everyone go back to your room and sleep," she said while turning around and looking at them. She told his mother to tell the maids to clean the broken lamp. 

"Xanthus my dear grandchild helped me to my room," she said sweetly, making his face drain down all the colour. 

"Yes," I saw him visibly swallowing hard. He glared at me for the last time before leaving the room saying it was not over.  But u didn't care about it for now. As soon as they left the room I burst out laughing because I know he is going to get a good scolding from her. 

"I'm sure grandma is going to make him sleep in her room. At least now I will be able to sleep without listening to you both whisper fighting with each other," Isabella said, making me stop smiling and look at her with a surprised look on my face. She was awake all the time. My cheeks burned red. She heard everything her stupid brother was saying. 

"Good night and stop overthinking about it," she said with a smile on her face while switching off her side of the lamp. I just nodded my head slightly and laid back on the bed. The next day arrived soon. The head chef was sulking at the dining table because grandma was keeping him busy by telling him to do one other work for her. 

"Xanthus, go bring my box of medicine from my room," she said to him when he was about to sit beside me for his breakfast. 

"Grandma, we have servants here" he groaned looking at her. 

"But I want you to bring it because they don't know where it is kept," she said calmly but in a firm voice, making him groan even more. He huffed but still walked away with long steps to get it. He came back in a few minutes and took the seat beside me. I felt my heart beating wildly when he placed his hand over my tight while adjusting his chair. I tried to move it because he was not moving. He was taking advantage of the situation. 

"Sage, come here and sit beside me. I want to talk about something with you" Grandma said with a smile on her face which made me immediately stand to walk towards her. Again a groan left his mouth when he heard grandma. I didn't waste time and walked towards her. His mad grey eyes were boring holes in my back. 

"What do you want to talk about," I asked her in joy after taking my seat. I was happy to get away from him. 

"When are your parents coming," she asked me. It made me stop smiling and my palms sweat. My parents, I have to call them and tell them I'm getting married. Thousands of questions ran into my head. But a few questions made me worry even more. What I'm going to tell them. 

What reason do I have for marrying a head chef so hastily? 

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 85
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 125

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.