Chapter 101

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

I thanked God for keeping him safe.

The next day, Xanthus kept asking me how I was feeling. "I'm feeling better than yesterday. Now you should go to work; you are getting late," I said while helping him put on his blazer.

"Promise me you will rest all day and won't start cleaning the house once I leave," he said while taking hold of my hand and pulling me in front of him. He made me take today off from work, even though I told him I was feeling much better. I looked at his forehead. I have changed his bandage. It was not a deep cut, but it had already started to heal.

"Promise! Now get going, head chef," I said while buttoning his shirt button, which he left open. It showed off his ripped chest. I don't like the stares he gets from all the females. He didn't say anything and let me button all his buttons while wrapping his arms around my waist. I only left one button open.

"I think I should take a day off and stay home to take care of you," he suggested with an innocent smile on his face. I very well know the smirk hiding behind it.

"You think I will be able to take proper rest if you stay home?" I asked with narrowed eyes. He bit his lower lip slightly, trying to hide his smirk.

"Yes, I will make sure you take proper rest.

First, I will prepare a warm bath for you and then help you take a bath. Then I will cook for you and feed you with my own hands. Then we can do some fun activities for you to make you feel relaxed. I will start by eating you then," he said while burying his head in my neck. He pressed his lips against my neck. His offer was so tempting, but I can't give in.

"Thank you, but no thank you, my mister. Now get going before I decide to go to work," I said while pulling his face away from my neck, not letting him complete his sentence. He groaned, not liking it. He still tried to convince me, but I didn't give in. So as compensation, I had to make out with him for a good fifteen minutes because he refused to go to work without it.

Bye, drive safe," I said, and I stood at the door until the elevator doors were closed. He still kept giving me puppy eyes. I moved my head in disbelief with a smile on my face. I closed the door and walked inside. I stretched while walking in. I already had my breakfast with Xanthus. There was so much to do in the house, so I decided to take a bath first and then decide. I stripped off my clothes and was walking towards the bathtub when my eyes fell on my reflection in the full-length mirror. My brows furrowed as I looked at myself. My lower stomach has started to bulge. I think I'm becoming fat. I exhaled deeply, looking at myself. Xanthus keeps feeding me even though I'm full. If it continues, I will turn into a Buffalo soon. I pouted, looking at myself. I should stop all the overeating I do and start exercising. I took a long, warm bath, then decided to do some household chores. I got dressed in comfortable clothes and then took out all our clothes to iron and fold them. Xanthus messes up his clothes every time he tries to find something. He is just a grown-up kid.

"I forgot to bring iron,'' I whispered under my breath when I found it nowhere. I turned around, and again I felt the same dizziness. I sat back on the bed until I felt good. I grabbed the glass and poured some water for myself. I gulped it down in one go and laid back on the bed.

"I think I should go to the hospital. If Xathus saw me like this, he would take the whole house on his head," I said while looking at the ceiling, which had started to move now. Should I call and tell Xanthus about it? No bad idea. He will come home and take me to the hospital himself. It's better if I go on my own. After I'm done with the clothes, I will visit the hospital. Once I was done, I got ready and then called my driver. He took me to the hospital where Isabela worked. I walked to the reception.

"How can I help you, ma'am?" The receptionist asked me with a polite smile on my face.

"Can I get an appointment with Doctor Isabella Villain?" I asked her with the same polite smile on my face.

Yeah, sure, just fill out this form," she said while giving me the form. I filled it out, and then she told me the direction for her operating room. I thanked her and walked in her direction. Her office was on the third floor. It was quite a big hospital. So I found it difficult to find her room. I got out of the elevator and tried to find her room. But my attention was caught when I saw a small crowd at the end of the corridors. A few nurses and hospital staff had gathered around. I think someone was fighting. I walked towards them out of curiosity.

"We could have lost the patient because of your carelessness," I heard the familiar angry voice say. My brows furrowed.

"Excuse me," I said politely while walking in front to have a better view.

"We saved the patient because of my quick decision," I heard another stubborn, familiar voice say. When I finally reached in front, my eyes widened, looking at the scene in front of me. It was none other than Daniel and Isabella fighting in front of everyone.

"What if we would have lost a patient because of your quick decision?" Daniel asked in his mad voice. His jaw clenched as he glared down at Isabella.

"The good news is we didn't. I ended up saving him," she retorted, not backing down.

"Here we go again," one of the nurses said while exhaling. It made me look at them.

"Who do you think will win this time?" another nurse asked with a bit of excitement.

"Who else, Dr. Isabella? She never backs down, and she is the only one who has the guts to stand in front of a senior doctor, Dr. Daniel," the first nurse replied.

"Yeah, you are right. She very well knows how to get on Dr. Daniels's nerves," she chuckled as if it were an everyday thing here.

"I just wonder what will happen if they get married," the second nurse said, chuckling. Isabella is fierce and talkative; on the other hand, Daniel is calm and doesn't talk if he has no business. Both are polar opposites. But what it said was that opposites attract. I exhaled looking at them, who were sending death glares at each other. The same thing left my mouth, which made them look at me in surprise.

"I wonder about it too."

_______________________________________
A/N

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.
Bed of Nails up to chapter 35.

To know more search  PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.