Chapter 48

***Follow me and vote***

"Logan" 

I kept looking at him with a shocked face and a frigid body. I'm just seeing things. Maybe the alcohol I drank today is messing with my brain just like before. I was imagining stupid things some time ago this is one of them. I blinked my eyelids to make him go. But even after I did that he was still standing in front of me like the wall he is. His expression matched mine as we both kept looking at each other. 

What is he doing here from all the places in this damn city? 

He was still looking at me with a traumatic expression on his face as his shocked eyes kept moving all over my body to my makeup face. He blinked his eyes many times as he saw me standing like a statue in front of him. Looking at his stunned state and traumatic expression was making me more and more anxious as he still had not uttered a word again from his mouth. 

"Sage you are a woman'' he finally again repeated those words more to himself as if he still did not believe what he was seeing in front of his eyes. Both of us were staring at each other with shocked eyes. I was shocked to see him here and he was shocked to see me without my disguise. 

Sage, what are you doing? 

Run! 

My inner voice screamed as my first instinct but I found myself stuck in my place. "You are a woman!" he exclaimed loudly again looking straight into my eyes. I swallowed hard the big lump formed in my throat as he asked me that question. I didn't know how to answer him. Looking at my mute state he took a step in my direction making my body move back as if it got its power back of moving. He moved in a circle around me as some do after seeing a rare monument. He was making sure what he was seeing was true. I know he was in shock and I was too. 

"Oh my God," he said in his stunned voice as he finally believed the fact I was a woman and not a man. 

"It means you were deceiving Sophia by dressing like a man," he said in bewilderment as his eyes stayed fixed on me. 

"I was always suspicious about you," he said in his astounded voice as he stood in front of me. With a smile that was capable of lighting ten houses. 

"I'm going to expose you," he said, making my heart almost come to my mouth as I looked at him with wide, afraid eyes. Nothing came out of my mouth as he said that in fear of getting exposed. 

"Don't give me that look. I know we are friends but I will expose you in front of Sophia and show her your real face'' he said in the same voice as he moved his head as if he had already seen what will happen in the future when he tells Sophia about my identity. He was smiling like an idiot. I could tell from his smile he was imagining Sophia's and his wedding. He was on cloud nine and I don't know if I should be happy or sad as he was ignoring the fact that I was working as a man with him in a restaurant where women were not allowed. I was a bit glad that he was not looking at the wider picture for now. But how long will he be there? This thought made my heart sink more in my chest. 

Is it too late to run away? 

I knew the answer to it. I had no other choice but to face the consequences. I'm done. He will expose me in front of everyone. Suddenly angry grey eyes flashed in front of me. He hates lies and if he comes to know I was deceiving him. Only that mere thought made angry grey eyes flash in my head looking at me with hate and disgust made my body tremble. I just kept standing glued to my place with my lips pressed in a thin line as I didn't know how to explain things to him to stop everything. I don't want anyone to find out my disguise now. At this stage, things have become so complicated. I don't know if Logan will try to understand me or not. Should I start explaining to him by telling him that the dress I was wearing was Sophia's or she was the one who did my makeup. No, it will make him look at the wider pitcher.