Chapter 4: Get me back to the emperor!

After minutes of continuously sobbing into my sleeved but previously scarred arms I finally get up and wipe my damp cheeks. No longer does rascal cuddle next to my leg but sit on my shoulder. "You can't be around me any longer. You already got electrocuted thanks to me. If I don't go back he's probably gonna make wanted posters about me. I'm already in enough trouble as it is."

Could've sworn I heard a tiny growl- ugh. Now I feel a tug on the loose hair hanging on my forehead. Rascal pulls on my hair as if I'm a horse and the bird is a person holding the reins. "I guess I could stay for a few more minutes- then I'm leaving!" Honestly it's been reassuring to have this little guy around. This bird made me feel calmer- more reserved. Maybe even happy at times. But I need to get realistic because what other purpose to I have? I'm nothing without my uncle.

Thankfully the tugging stops. "Good. I need to get back or I'll get in even wo-" But alas. Rascal turns into a staff once again. This causes a sigh to escape my lips. "What now?" Maybe he's gonna get me closer to the castle. And so I get on the long piece of wood. "Fine, fine. But I'm getting off if this doesn't take me any closer to the castle I'm getting off." 

This cardinal takes off into the air high enough to see the castle and town. "But you gotta be careful. Let me off away from sight of the guards so you can go too." Maybe I can give myself another scar. On my hand maybe? Anything to show I probably lost this palisman in an accident so uncle doesn't know I'm lyi- "Hey, why aren't we going to the castle? Put me down!" I start to get more anxious as I see we're going further from the castle and closer to town.

"Don't make me jump off!" Of course empty words since we're too high. And I'm finally on the ground. "Good. Now just leave me alone. All I need is to be back in my place." Immediately I try to walk away from that red but it flies back on my shoulder. "What do you want from me? What will it take you to leave me alone?!" The last question I say with gritted teeth along with a tear or two escaping from sheer frustration.

Quickly I turn my head back to the direction of where the castle could be and go ask for directions. Now how can I tell? Gotta go somewhere to see at least the top of the ca- "Hey, kid. What's with-" ah! The sudden feel of a hand on my shoulder causes me to go in a panicked state, making me whirl around as quickly as possible and punch whoever's behind me. A guard of the Emperor.. The punch landing right on his groin. 

Such a scream. The most high-pitch scream a man could possibly muster up was heard throughout the public area. The man bent down putting his hands between his legs. "I- I was just curious about the cape... W-why you'd wear that.. gh- that cape! Kids don't usually go around wearing that!" Attention completely drawn to us. Taking a few steps back I have no idea how to handle this situation. Do I ru- no! They can take me back to Belos! That's when I flick my hands to the palisman while mouthing 'Shoo'- but I feel myself get pulled up by the hood of the cape by another guard. "You're coming with us!" No idea wether I should smile at being back where I belong or frown at whatever punishments will be given to me.

(Again, Anymore spelling errors? Bad punctuation or out of character? Story going well?)